Friday, February 24, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Career Day is designed to bring Juniata students together with employers and alumni from business, industry and public service in one convenient location, at one convenient time, to discuss student career options, internship and full-time employment possibilities.
Information for Students
STUDENT REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE
Use your Juniata username and password to log into Handshake and register for the event
How to Prepare for a Career Fair (Before)
- Contact the Career Development Office to have your resume reviewed and to develop an elevator pitch.
- Make sure your Handshake profile is up-to-date. Learn how to Build Your Profile from Your Resume. This is the profile employers will see when searching for candidates, so you want to make a good impression!
- Browse the list of employers to determine who you would like to meet with. Check back
regularly as new employers will continue to register up through the day of the event.
A complete list of employers registered to attend Career Day is available in Handshake. COMING SOON
- Research employers to make sure they are a good fit for you.
- Comprehensive Advice - please note this video tutorial was prepared for a different event that took place in Fall 2020, but is VERY relevant and full of great advice. Even more tips.
What To Expect on Career Day (During)
- Dress professionally. The Career Clothing Closet will be available January 31st in the lobby of the von Liebig Center for Science or by appointment by contacting the Career Development Office.
- Bring copies of your resume. Many employers will encourage you to apply online and may hand your resume back to you.
- Ask insightful questions based on your research and conversation with the recruiter.
- Be yourself!
How to Follow Up (After)
- Send a follow-up email message to the employers that interest you, preferably within 24 hours. Thank the employer, mention something memorable from your conversation, highlight your interest in the position and the company, and attach your resume.
- Apply to jobs with employers that you met with and/or are of interest to you. Be sure to follow instructions and be mindful of deadlines.
- Connect with employers on LinkedIn. Be sure your profile is up-to-date and that you include a personal message.
- If you don't hear back, don't be discouraged. Contact Career Development for advice on how to do further follow-up.
Information for Employers
Career Day 2023 Employer Registration: CLICK HERE
Juniata College is using Handshake, the largest early talent recruiting platform connecting employers, talent, and colleges in one place to help us coordinate Career Day 2023. If your organization already has a Handshake account, you'll be taken directly to the registration page. If you do not already have a Handshake account, you'll first need to create an account and then, register for the event.
Instructions for creating an employer account in Handshake (watch on Youtube)
The Cost: FREE
If you have any difficulty accessing the online registration page, please contact the Career Development Office at 814-641-3350.
Friday, February 24, 2023 - 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Typically scheduled each year on the last Friday of February)
- Meet with Juniata students seeking internships and full-time professional employment
- Interact with faculty
- Increase your organization’s visibility on campus
- Experience the energy and excitement of one of the top 100 liberal arts colleges in the U.S.