Faculty: Interdisciplinary (BI, CS, CM, EN, PL, PY, SO)
Professor: Dr. Grace Fala
Fala@juniata.edu Ext. 3467
Health Communication is the study of communication as it relates to health professionals and health education. It includes the study of provider-client interaction as well as the diffusion of health information through public health campaigns.
Special programs, facilities, or equipment:
- Students studying health communication have opportunities to conduct internships in health care, interview a variety of health care professionals, and facilitate service learning projects in the community. Relevant study abroad opportunities are also available.
Programs of Emphasis:
- Health Communications
Individualized Programs of Emphasis:
- Student Designed POEs related to health communication have included medical communication, biology and communication, health care and communication, and so forth.
- There are no secondary emphases in Health Communications at this time.
Internship examples from former Juniata Students
- Activities Director, Healing Hands Physical Therapy, Pisataway, NJ
- Human Resource Assistant, JC Blair Memorial Hospital, Huntingdon, PA
- Marketing & Event Coordinator, Morrison's Cove, Martinsburg, PA
- Public Relations Assistant, Rehabilitation Hospital , Altoona , PA
- Public Relations Assistant, Tyrone Hospital , Tyrone , PA
- Fund Raising & Event Coordinating, WIC Program, Mount Union , PA