As a community, Juniata is dedicated to providing an academically rigorous and personally enriching liberal arts education. Students have a responsibility to expand and fulfill their lifestyles to embrace the opportunities that lead to well-rounded citizenship.
The Student Government of Juniata College, as servant of the students, approves the following principles of a liberal arts lifestyle, and believes that these principles serve as the vehicle to successful life experiences.
A Juniata student who fully engages in a liberal arts lifestyle:
- Recognizes the value of being a citizen of the world in an increasingly global and diverse community.
- Seeks opportunities to serve in activities that enrich communities and give back to humanity.
- Builds meaningful and lasting relationships with academic peers, faculty, staff, and future colleagues.
- Regards healthy lifestyle choices as the keystone to success.
- Embodies a spirit of sustainability through awareness of finite resources.
- Realizes that learning is a lifelong process encompassing many disciplines.
- Questions the assumptions and truths presented in life, as embodied in Juniata’s maxim “Veritas Liberat.”
- Understands that integrity and honesty in all of life’s pursuits are virtues unto themselves.
- Assumes responsibility for choices made
Approved by Juniata College Student Government, April 14, 2006
This page is part of the Juniata College Online Handbook