Welcome to the Juniata community!
Congratulations on your decision to attend Juniata College! We know that you and your family have many questions as you begin thinking about all of the tasks you need to accomplish before you arrive on campus. This webpage should answer many of these questions as you transition to Juniata!
New Student Move-In Information - Spring 2022
- New International Student Move-In: Thursday, January 13*
- New Domestic Student Move-In: Sunday, January 16, 10am - noon
- New Student Orientation: Sunday, January 16, 4pm - Monday, January 17, 1pm
- First Day of Classes: Tuesday, January 18
* Students will receive specific instructions sent directly to these students via the Center for International Education
- Students will be able to move into their residence halls between 10am and noon
- Keys may be picked up directly in the student's residence hall lounge.
- Shuttle Information: If you need a shuttle to campus from the State College Airport or Huntingdon Train Station, please register for your shuttle here. (Link to be provided by December 15, 2021)
We are not currently anticipating any need to limit the number of individuals who can help students to move into their residence halls. Our campus policy states that any individual who is unvaccinated should wear a face mask while in any of our campus buildings. We will have face masks available should you forget one or need one at any point.
Steps to Take Before Coming to Juniata
- Student ID Photo: Upload a student ID photo by January 3 for your Juniata Gold Card!
- Account Setup: Set up your Juniata EagleNet account and check your Juniata email regularly throughout the summer. (Instructions provided in your New Student Matriculation Packet.)
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review the Financial Planning and Billing FAQ and Overview video.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Ensure you have received your Financial Aid Letter.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review your bill through Juniata's Arch portal and authorize additional users, such as parents or guardians.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Waive college medical insurance (visit firststudent.com to complete the waiver) if you have other insurance coverage. Please note, students from abroad are not able to waive the Juniata insurance given the coverage may meet specific visa requirements and/or enable students to access care in the United States.
- Advising and Course Registration: Complete your New Student Advising Questionnaire
- Advising and Course Registration: Visit the First Year Academics page for information on submitting AP scores and college transcripts, taking the world language placement test, and preparing for your Orientation advising appointment.
- Student Health Forms: Complete the student health form and return via fax at (814) 641- 3712 or upon arrival to campus by January 3. Students should complete the first page of the form, while medical professionals will complete the remaining pages. Be sure to include your COVID-19 vaccination record.
- Housing: Complete the New Student Housing Application. Applications must be submitted by January 3.
- Student Accommodations: For students in need of academic or housing accommodations related to documented disability or learning difference, visit the Student Accessibility Services webpage for information on the process.
- Bringing your Vehicle to Campus: Register your vehicle if you would like to bring a vehicle to campus.
- Online Training Modules: After January 3, complete the online training modules sent to your Juniata email.
- Textbooks: Begin to purchase your textbooks at least 2 - 3 weeks prior to the start of classes.