Congratulations on your decision to attend Juniata College! We know that you and your family have many questions and concerns as you begin thinking about all of the tasks you need to accomplish before you arrive on campus.
Steps to Take Before Coming to Juniata
Juniata is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and how it might impact any transition moment for our incoming students for Fall 2020. We will communicate directly with our students as any changes are made - please check your Juniata email regularly for these and other updates. We will also ensure any changes made are reflected on this webpage. If you have any questions about potential impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic or any other matter, do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. We're here to help you in your eagle transition!
In order to ensure flexibility and participation for all our incoming Juniatians, our Summer Orientation programs will be held virtually and all Inbound retreats will be offered in August.
- Account Setup: Set up your Juniata EagleNet account and check your Juniata email regularly throughout the summer.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Ensure you have received your Financial Aid Letter.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review your bill through Juniata's Arch portal and authorize additional users, such as parents or guardians.
- Financial Planning and Billing: After June 15, waive college medical insurance (visit firststudent.com to complete the waiver) if you have other insurance coverage. Please note, students from abroad are not able to waive the Juniata insurance given the coverage may meet specific visa requirements and/or enable students to access care in the United States.
- Advising and Course Registration: Complete your Advising and Course Registration Form and submit by June 30 if you are participating in one of the July Orientation sessions or by July 20 if you are participating in the August Orientation.
- Advising and Course Registration: Visit the First Year Academics page for information on submitting AP scores and college transcripts, taking the world language placement test, and preparing for your Orientation advising appointment.
- Student Health Forms: Complete the student health forms and return via USPS or at Summer Orientation. Students should complete the first page of the form, while medical professionals will complete the remaining pages.
- Orientation: Register for Summer Orientation by Monday, July 13.
- Inbound: Complete the Inbound Theme Interest Form by July 15 to receive your retreat placement by August 1.
- Housing: Complete the New Student Housing Application and Roommate Profile Form through EaglesNook on The Arch. For students who deposited by the May 1 priority deadline, these forms are now available and should be submitted by May 31 to receive housing by June 15. For students who deposit after May 1, these forms will be available June 1 and must be submitted by June 30 to receive housing information by August 1.
- Student Accommodations: For students in need of academic or housing accommodations related to documented disability or learning difference, visit the Student Accessibility Services webpage for information on the process.
- Bringing your Vehicle to Campus: Register your vehicle beginning August 1, if you would like to bring a vehicle to campus
- Online Training Modules: Complete your online training modules related to healthy relationships; alcohol use; and equity, diversity and inclusion beginning July 20.