Congratulations on your decision to attend Juniata College! We know that you and your family have many questions as you begin thinking about all of the tasks you need to accomplish before you arrive on campus. This webpage should answer many of these questions as you transition to Juniata!
Steps to Take Before Coming to Juniata
- Student ID Photo: Upload a student ID photo by July 1 for your Juniata Gold Card!
- Account Setup: Set up your Juniata EagleNet account and check your Juniata email regularly throughout the summer.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review the Financial Planning and Billing FAQ and Overview video.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Ensure you have received your Financial Aid Letter.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review your bill through Juniata's Arch portal and authorize additional users, such as parents or guardians.
- Financial Planning and Billing: After June 15, waive college medical insurance (visit firststudent.com to complete the waiver) if you have other insurance coverage. Please note, students from abroad are not able to waive the Juniata insurance given the coverage may meet specific visa requirements and/or enable students to access care in the United States.
- Advising and Course Registration: Beginning June 1, complete your New Student Advising Questionnaire by June 27.
- Advising and Course Registration: Visit the First Year Academics page for information on submitting AP scores and college transcripts, taking the world language placement test, and preparing for your Orientation advising appointment.
- Student Health Forms: Complete the student health form and return via fax at (814) 641- 3712 or upon arrival to campus by August 1. Students should complete the first page of the form, while medical professionals will complete the remaining pages.
- Orientation: Register for your desired Summer Orientation and Academic Registration date by July 1.
- Inbound: Register for Inbound and indicate your retreat preferences by August 1.
- Housing: Beginning June 1, monitor your Juniata email for instructions to complete the New Student Housing Application and Roommate Profile form. Applications must be submitted by July 1.
- Student Accommodations: For students in need of academic or housing accommodations related to documented disability or learning difference, visit the Student Accessibility Services webpage for information on the process.
- Bringing your Vehicle to Campus: Register your vehicle if you would like to bring a vehicle to campus.
- Online Training Modules: After August 1, complete the online training modules sent to your Juniata email.
- Textbooks: Begin to purchase your textbooks 2 - 3 weeks prior to the start of classes.