Congratulations on your decision to attend Juniata College! We know that you and your family have many questions as you begin thinking about all of the tasks you need to accomplish before you arrive on campus. This webpage should answer many of these questions as you transition to Juniata!
Virtual Summer Orientation and Academic Registration Schedule: August 6
Student Summer Orientation & Academic Registration Schedule (Passcode: 184539)
New Student Move-In Information
Move-In and Important Start of Semester Dates
- Sunday, August 21, 8am - 10am: New Student Move-In for Inbound 3 Attendees (Inbound activities begin at 2pm)
- Tuesday, August 23, 8am - 10am: New Student Move-In for All Other First Year Students (On-boarding activities begin at 7pm)
- Tuesday, August 23, beginning at 7pm - Wednesday, August 24: New Student On-Boarding Sessions
- Thursday, August 25: First Day of Classes
- Sunday, September 4: Lobsterfest Involvement Fair
- Friday, September 23 - Sunday, September 25: Homecoming and Family Weekend
*Move-in dates for international students, mock trial students, and fall athletes will be coordinated by and communicated to students by their respective offices.
Steps to Take Before Coming to Juniata
Complete the following by date indicated:
- Account Setup: Set up your Juniata email account immediately upon receipt of your New Student Information Packet and check your Juniata email regularly throughout the summer.
- Advising and Course Registration: Complete your New Student Advising Questionnaire before attending Orientation.
- Orientation and Inbound: Register for Summer Orientation and Academic Registration by July 1.
- Housing: Complete the New Student Housing Application and Roommate Profile by July 1. You may access the housing application/roommate profile using Eagle's Nook and using this step-by-step guide.
- Student Health Forms: By August 1, complete the New Student Health Form and return via fax at (814) 641- 3712 or the business reply envelope included in your New Student Information Packet.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review your bill through Juniata's Arch portal, authorize additional users, such as parents or guardians, and setup a payment plan as needed by August 8.
- Orientation and Inbound: Register for Inbound at least 2 weeks prior to your desired retreat date.
- Advising and Course Registration: Visit the First Year Academics page for information on submitting AP scores and college transcripts, taking the world language placement test, and preparing for your Orientation advising appointment.
- Student Accommodations: For students in need of academic or housing accommodations related to documented disability or learning difference, visit the Student Accessibility Services webpage for information on the process.
Complete the following throughout the summer:
- Financial Planning and Billing: Ensure you have received your Financial Aid Letter.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Waive college medical insurance if you have other insurance coverage. Please note, students from abroad are not able to waive the Juniata insurance given the coverage may meet specific visa requirements and/or enable students to access care in the United States.
- Bringing your Vehicle to Campus: Register your vehicle if you would like to bring a vehicle to campus beginning August 1.
- Online Training Modules: After August 1, complete the online training modules sent to your Juniata email.