For our new Juniatians, we have designed a series of activities and events throughout the summer to help prepare you to be an Eagle:
Below is a calendar of these events. Please select and register for Summer Orientation (required) and Inbound. Log in using the same e-mail address and password that you used for your Juniata admission application.
We anticipate making in-person spaces available in early June for students and a family member. You must be registered for an orientation date to be eligible to attend in-person on that date.
When registering for Inbound you will indicate your top two interest areas. You will be placed in a group with activities in one of your top interest areas. During your Fall on-boarding experiences, you will participate in small group activities in your theme, as well as other community-building, community-expectation, and getting-to-know campus activities. Optional Inbound retreat activities will be offered throughout the Fall semester.
- Leadership & Self-Discovery: Begin your journey of "thinking about who you are" and how you want to make an impact on your communities.
- Outdoor Exploration: A perfect theme for those who love the outdoors and want to explore it by experiencing it!
- Outdoor Adventure: This theme will allow for a more active and adventurous approach to experiencing our local community.
- Arts & Theater: A theme based on exploration of many different venues and avenues of art in the Huntingdon area.
- Fun & Games: Board games, life-sized hungry, hungry hippos, video games, and more are to be found in this theme!
- Sports & Recreation: If you want to throw some discs, swing a bat, or splash in a pool, this is the retreat for you!
More Important Dates
- Move-In for Orientation 5 Attendees: August 21
- Orientation 5: August 22
- New Student Move-In: August 22*
- Inbound: August 22 - August 25
- First Day of Classes: August 26
- Welcome Week: August 26 – September 3
- Lobsterfest - Student Involvement Fair: Sunday, September 5
- Homecoming and Family Weekend: October 29 - October 31
- Thanksgiving Break (residence halls closed): November 24 - 28
- Winter Recess Begins (residence halls closed): December 18
* Fall athletes and students from abroad will receive specific move-in dates and instructions from their respective coach or the Center for International Education. Students electing not to participate in Inbound, and are not fall athletes, will move in on August 25.
Orientation Frequently Asked Questions
What will we do during Summer Orientation?
Summer Orientation will be a hybrid model this year with synchronous sessions online and in-person. In this experience you will have the chance to meet fellow students, finalize your class schedule, and get your questions answered. A limited number of in-person spaces will be made available to students and a family member in early June.
I am in the August 5 Summer Orientation, will I be moving into my room?
You will move into your on-campus room on Saturday, August 21.
I am participating in Inbound, will there be any conflict with the August Summer Orientation?
No, you are able to participate in both Orientation 5 and Inbound.
When will I receive information on the move-in process?
Please monitor your Juniata email for details on the move-in process for Fall 2021.
Inbound Frequently Asked Questions
If I am a transfer student to Juniata and not a freshman, can I still participate
Yes! Inbound is open to all first-year students, meaning “first-year at Juniata” not necessarily those in freshmen class standing. This classification includes freshmen, transfer students, and new students from abroad.
How does retreat placement work?
When you register online, you will be asked your top two retreat themes. We will place you into one of these choices as long as you register at least one week prior to the retreat date. We do not place you on a first-come, first-serve basis.
How will I find out which retreat I am in?
You will be notified via your Juniata email account.
When I arrive on campus for Inbound will I be moving into my room for the semester?
Yes, you will move directly into your room. Housing assignments are sent out by the Office of Residential and Campus Life by August 1.
What should I bring?
Most retreats do not require you to bring anything above and beyond what you would normally pack for college. If your retreat requires something special (hiking shoes, sports equipment, items for projects, etc.) we’ll let you know via email.
How large will my retreat be?
Inbound retreats will be approximately 12 first year students and two upper-class student leaders: the perfect size for getting to know one another!
Will I get to meet any upper-class students?
Yes! Each retreat will have two upper-class students leading your retreat. Your new student transitions leader are there to serve as your guides, mentors, and teachers. They will be with you throughout the entire retreat ensuring everything runs smoothly.