Congratulations on your decision to attend Juniata College! We know that you and your family have many questions as you begin thinking about all of the tasks you need to accomplish before you arrive on campus. This webpage should answer many of these questions as you transition to Juniata!
New Student Move-In Information
- Move-In for Orientation 5 Attendees: August 21
- Orientation 5: August 22 from 10am - 3pm
- New Student Move-In for Inbound Participants: August 22*
- Inbound: August 22 at 3pm - August 24
- Move-In for All Other New Students: August 24*
- Required Fall On-Boarding for New Students: August 24 at 8pm – August 25
- First Day of Classes: August 26
*Students participating in fall athletics will receive their move-in dates and information from their coaches. Students from abroad will receive move-in information and dates from the Center for International Education.
- Students will be able to move into their residence halls from 8am – 2pm on their specific move-in day.
- One Way Traffic: Beginning at 6:00AM until 7:00PM on Sunday, August 22, all campus traffic will enter from Moore St. at 17th St. and proceed down 17th St. Scott St. will be one way from 17th St. (football field) to 19th St. (Kennedy Sports Center). 19th St. will be one way up the hill to Moore St. Road closed signage, one-way signs, barricades, and Public Safety Officers will be in place to alert and direct motorists.
- Express Check-in: There will be two designated places to check-in. When you approach
your check-in location (listed below), a staff member will approach your vehicle to
ask you for your name and building assignment. Next, the staff will collect your room
key and Inbound packet and bring it to your vehicle. You will not have to leave your
vehicle until you have reached the unloading area of your building.
- Lesher residents will pick up their keys in front of the Football Office (on the corner of 17th and Scott Street).
- Tussey, Terrace, Sunderland, and Sherwood residents will pick up their keys outside of Ellis Hall (18th and Scott Street).
- Unloading: Once you have picked up your key and packet, please proceed to the unloading area for your respective building. There will be students and staff eagerly waiting to greet you. We recommend one family member stay with the vehicle, so that it can be quickly moved after unloading is complete. Once the vehicle is unloaded, please park in one of the designated parking areas. This will allow us to keep a clear path for everyone.
- Shuttle Information: If you need a shuttle to campus from the State College Airport or Huntingdon Train Station, please register for your shuttle here.
We are not currently anticipating any need to limit the number of individuals who can help students to move into their residence halls. Our campus policy states that any individual who is unvaccinated should wear a face mask while in any of our campus buildings. We will have face masks available should you forget one or need one at any point.
Steps to Take Before Coming to Juniata
- Student ID Photo: Upload a student ID photo by July 1 for your Juniata Gold Card!
- Account Setup: Set up your Juniata EagleNet account and check your Juniata email regularly throughout the summer.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review the Financial Planning and Billing FAQ and Overview video.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Ensure you have received your Financial Aid Letter.
- Financial Planning and Billing: Review your bill through Juniata's Arch portal and authorize additional users, such as parents or guardians.
- Financial Planning and Billing: After June 15, waive college medical insurance (visit firststudent.com to complete the waiver) if you have other insurance coverage. Please note, students from abroad are not able to waive the Juniata insurance given the coverage may meet specific visa requirements and/or enable students to access care in the United States.
- Advising and Course Registration: Complete your New Student Advising Questionnaire prior to your Orientation session.
- Advising and Course Registration: Visit the First Year Academics page for information on submitting AP scores and college transcripts, taking the world language placement test, and preparing for your Orientation advising appointment.
- Student Health Forms: Complete the student health form and return via fax at (814) 641- 3712 or upon arrival to campus by August 1. Students should complete the first page of the form, while medical professionals will complete the remaining pages.
- Orientation: Register for your desired Summer Orientation and Academic Registration date by July 1.
- Inbound: Register for Inbound and indicate your retreat preferences by August 1.
- Housing: Beginning June 1, complete the New Student Housing Application and Roommate Profile form. Applications must be submitted by July 1. Click here for instructions on how to complete this step.
- Student Accommodations: For students in need of academic or housing accommodations related to documented disability or learning difference, visit the Student Accessibility Services webpage for information on the process.
- Bringing your Vehicle to Campus: Register your vehicle if you would like to bring a vehicle to campus.
- Online Training Modules: After August 1, complete the online training modules sent to your Juniata email.
- Textbooks: Begin to purchase your textbooks at least 2 - 3 weeks prior to the start of classes.