STUDENT HOURS WORKED LIMITS
While classes are in session students are permitted to work up to 35 hours each two week/biweekly pay period. During the academic year, students are not subject to weekly hour limits as long as the pay period limit is not exceeded.
During extended breaks students are permitted to work up to 40 hours per week.
Overtime is only permitted on rare occasions and prior approval must be obtained from the Director of Human Resources.
ADP - ONLINE TIMEKEEPING SYSTEM
Training will be needed to help you and your student with this process. Upon set up in the ADP system, instructions are e-mailed regarding how to register for access along with training guides. If you need further assistance please contact payroll.
Payroll is processed bi-weekly, and you must review and approve timecards timely in ADP. Pay Schedules with approval deadlines are posted on the payroll webpage. Campus will have a week to review and approve timecards after each pay period ends.
- Please have ADP/payroll assistance requests to the Payroll Office by 11 am on Thursday's after the pay period had ended. In an effort to provide campus timely customer support, we have added an assistance request deadline to each payroll due to the large number of requests we receive. Payroll will process these requests on Thursday, allowing time for supervisors to finalize and approve timecards on Fridays.
- Prior to approving a timecard you should make sure two things have been done.
- First, check for missing punches under Time card Exceptions. ADP will not allow payroll to process timecards with a missing punch. You are responsible for entering any punches your student has missed.
- Second, your employee is to approve their timecard first. This lets you know that the student has verified the hours in the time card are complete and accurate.
- Students are to complete the cost number field when they work. If they haven't completed the cost number field, you will need to enter the transfers for them. You may refer them to payroll for assistance on how to enter transfers, but it was included within their new hire e-mail.
- Please add the approval schedule to your calendar, as we are unable to set up automated reminders to approve timecards.
- ADP is accessible via the internet, so that you may approve timecards from anywhere on or off campus.
We are always looking for ways to improve these processes. If you have any feedback, problems, or concerns please contact Melinda Bowser. Thank you.