STUDENT HOURS WORKED LIMITS
While classes are in session students are permitted to work up to 35 hours each two week/biweekly pay period. During the academic year, students are not subject to weekly hour limits as long as the pay period limit is not exceeded.
During extended breaks students are permitted to work up to 40 hours per week.
Overtime is only permitted on rare occasions and prior approval must be obtained from the Director of Human Resources.
KRONOS - ONLINE TIMEKEEPING SYSTEM
Training will be needed to help you and your student with this process. We have created online training sessions in Moodle so that you and your students may take this training at your convenience. If you need further assistance please contact payroll.
Payroll is processed bi-weekly, and you must review and approve timecards timely in Kronos. Pay Schedules with approval deadlines are posted on the payroll webpage. Campus will have a week to review and approve timecards after each pay period ends.
- Please have Kronos/payroll assistance requests to the Payroll Office by 11 am on Thursday's after the pay period had ended. In an effort to provide campus timely customer support, we have added an assistance request deadline to each payroll due to the large number of requests we receive. Payroll will process these requests on Thursday, allowing time for supervisors to finalize and approve timecards on Fridays.
- Prior to approving a timecard you should make sure two things have been done.
- First, check for missing punches. Kronos will allow you to "approve" the timecard with a missed punch, but will not allow payroll to process it with a missing punch. You are responsible for entering any punches your student has missed.
- Second, your employee is to approve their timecard first. This lets you know that the student has verified the hours in the timecard are complete and accurate.
- Students are to complete transfers when they work. This shows between the in and out punches. If they do not, you may not be able to see them on your list of workers (contact payroll for assistance). Once you can see them you will need to enter the transfers for them. You may refer them to payroll for assistance on how to enter transfers.
- Automated e-mail reminders have been set up to remind you when it is time to approve timecards. Since this is a mass e-mail, we have found that some employees have had this reminder go into their Junk e-mail folder. Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list.
- Kronos is accessible through the Arch, so that you can approve timecards from anywhere on or off campus. We do realize there will be times that you may not be able or available to approve timecards on the due date. Payroll will accept your approval via e-mail or if another supervisor has access to your student timecards they may approve on your behalf.
We are always looking for ways to improve these processes. If you have any feedback, problems, or concerns please contact Melinda Bowser. Thank you.