Exchange Applicant Information

Juniata welcomes about thirty students each academic year from exchange partner institutions.

Contact your home institution's international office for application information. Application deadlines for institutions may vary. Juniata requires that exchange student documents are received by mid-March for the fall semester and mid-November for the spring semester.

Please go to our portal to start the electronic application process.

Estimated International Exchange Student Budget (one academic year 2017-2018)

Individual exchange program finances vary. Contact your home institution for information regarding exchange financial arrangements.

  • Room $6,410 (one semester $3,205)
  • Meals $3,480- $5,630 (one semester $1,740- $2,815)
  • Miscellaneous Fees $825 (one semester $412.50)
  • Books and Supplies, Personal Exp $2,000 (one semester $1,000)
  • International and U.S. Travel: $2,000 (one semester $1,000)

Accident and Sickness Insurance 2017-2018

All Juniata (F-1 and J-1 Visa) students are required to have Accident and Sickness Insurance.

  Annual Cost Fall Semester only Spring and Summer Semester
Undergraduate and Graduate students




If you plan to waive Juniata’s insurance, you must complete the insurance verification through IE Student Health. The link can be found here: IE Student Health Waiver Instructions. Once completed, please email the verification to If you have waived Juniata’s insurance and do not have the verification from IE Student Health, the insurance fee will be reapplied to your student bill.  

If your insurance plan does not meet the requirements, you have the option to purchase another plan and have it verified through IE Student Health or enroll in Juniata’s insurance. There will not be any exceptions.

If you plan enroll in Juniata’s insurance plan, you do not need to do anything with IE Student Health.

After your home institution provides official notification to Juniata that you have been recommended for exchange, you will need to apply for a student visa to enter the United States.