Meal For CROP: Juniata Students Forego Meal for Charity
(Posted March 26, 2007)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. --Juniata College students, under the leadership of the Juniata College Campus Ministry, will sponsor the annual \"Meal for CROP\" from 5:30 to 7:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 27 at the college\'s dining facility, Baker Refectory in Ellis Hall. Each year, Juniata\'s Christian Ministry Board plans the event and asks Juniata students to give up their evening meal so those meals can be sold to the general public. Their places in line are sold to members of the community and the money is donated to CROP. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Campus Ministry office at (814) 641-3361, at the information desk in Ellis Hall, or by buying tickets at the door on the evening of the meal. Tickets are $8 per person, $5 for children between the ages of 6 and 12, while children under six are free. Each year, 75 percent of the funds collected go to CROP and the remaining 25 percent is donated to the Huntingdon Area Food Bank to fight hunger at the local level. Over the past 19 years, members of the Huntingdon community have helped to raise more than $50,000 for hunger relief. CROP, an organization of the Church World Service, fights hunger throughout the world. Its programs of funding relief for hunger and self-help projects are targeted primarily to developing countries, but projects within the United States often receive funding as well. CROP also sends emergency supplies to support disaster relief efforts around the world.
Contact April Feagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3131 for more information.