Juniata women's tennis falls to Lebanon Valley in home season finale, 7-2
(Posted April 23, 2010)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- The Juniata College women's tennis team played its final home match of the 2009-10 season on Friday afternoon, dropping a 7-2 loss to Lebanon Valley College on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
Juniata (8-9) with a win at no. 1 doubles by Katie Healy (Pittsburgh, Pa./Mt. Lebanon) and Maggie Wolenter (Audubon, N.J./Audubon) over the Leb Val tandem of Sarah Grodzinski and Shayna Heintzelman, 8-4. The loss was the first of the season for the Dutch's no. 1 doubles team of Grodzinski/Heintzelman, who entered today's match with a 13-0 record.
That success didn't carry over to singles, however, as Juniata was able to pick up just one more point. Rachel Adams (McLean, Va./Jakarta Int'l School) notched a 6-1, 6-0 decision at no. 6 singles, evening her singles record for the season at 6-6.
Stacie Beegle (Schellsburg, Pa./Chestnut Ridge) came closest to adding a third point in the Juniata column, taking Lebanon Valley's Tamara Lobb to a supertiebreaker in no. 3 singles before falling 5-7, 6-2, 10-3.
Juniata's final match of the season against Catholic University of America, previously scheduled for Saturday, April 24, has been postponed due to the threat of inclement weather in the Washington, D.C., area. The exact make-up date for the match has not yet been determined.
Lebanon Valley 7, Juniata 2
1. Sarah Grodzinski (LVC) def. Katie Healy (JUN) 7-5, 6-1
2. Shayna Heintzelman (LVC) def. Maggie Wolenter (JUN) 6-4, 6-4
3. Tamera Lobb (LVC) def. Stacie Beegle (JUN) 5-7, 6-2, 10-3
4. Lauren Fulmer (LVC) def. Lauren Perow (JUN) 6-0, 6-0
5. Morgan Brady (LVC) def. Hilary Walsh (JUN) 7-5, 6-1
6. Rachel Adams (JUN) def. Jess Ferlenda (LVC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Katie Healy/Maggie Wolenter (JUN) def. Sarah Grodzinski/Shayna Heintzelman (LVC) 8-4
2. Tamera Lobb/Lauren Fulmer (LVC) def. Stacie Beegle/Lauren Perow (JUN) 8-5
3. Morgan Brady/Jess Ferlenda (LVC) def. Hilary Walsh/Rachel Adams (JUN) 8-3
Lebanon Valley College 16-1
Juniata College 8-9
Our readers respond...
Contact April Feagley at email@example.com or (814) 641-3131 for more information.