Juniata men's tennis downs Merchant Marine, 9-0, to close out 2010-11 season
(Posted April 23, 2011)
ALTOONA, Pa. -- Juniata College wrapped up its 2010-11 season with a 9-0 win over the United States Merchant Marine Academy, Saturday afternoon at the ProCare Health & Fitness Center.
Juniata (8-9, 3-4 Landmark) took all three doubles matches to open competition, including Scott Andrews' (Hollidaysburg, Pa./Altoona) and Matt Butler's (Salisbury, Conn./Salisbury School) 8-0 shutout win over Steve Ficken and Gabriel Castillo at no. 3 doubles.
In singles play, senior Arnab Chakrabarti (Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta) did not lose a single game in a 6-0, 6-0 straight set win over Emanuel Tishler at no. 4 singles. Elliott Perow (Huntingdon, Pa./Huntingdon Area) was not far off Chakrabarti's pace, posting a 6-1, 6-0 victory at no. 2 singles over Merchant Marine's Ficken.
Juniata College 9, Merchant Marine 0
Apr 23, 2011 at Altoona, Pa. (ProCare Health & Fitness Ctr.)
1. Justin Wisniewski (JUN) def. Cesar Pinilla (USMMA) 7-5, 6-3
2. Elliott Perow (JUN) def. Steve Ficken (USMMA) 6-1, 6-0
3. Brice Morey (JUN) def. Richard Hine (USMMA) 6-1, 6-1
4. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) def. Emanuel Tishler (USMMA) 6-0, 6-0
5. Scott Andrews (JUN) def. Christina O'Toole (USMMA) 6-2, 6-0
6. Matt Butler (JUN) def. Derek Acuna (USMMA) 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 10-6
1. Justin Wisniewski/Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) def. Cesar Pinilla/Richard Hine (USMMA) 8-2
2. Elliott Perow/Brice Morey (JUN) def. Emanuel Tishler/Christina O'Toole (USMMA) 8-1
3. Scott Andrews/Matt Butler (JUN) def. Steve Ficken/Gabriel Castillo (USMMA) 8-0
Our readers respond...
Contact April Feagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3131 for more information.