Men's tennis drops close 5-4 match to Lebanon Valley
(Posted October 5, 2011)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- Men's tennis lost a close 5-4 decision to Lebanon Valley College Wednesday on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
In singles competition, Justin Wisniewski defeated his Dutchman foe 6-2 and 6-1 at No. 3 singles. Matthew Butler also earned Juniata (1-3) a victory at No. 4 singles when he battled his opponent to a 1-1 third set when his challenger retired due to injury.
At No. 1 doubles, Wisniewski teamed with Daisuke Miyakoshi for an 8-2 victory. Elliott Perow and Matthew Butler battled for a tight 8-6 win over their Lebanon Valley (3-0) opponents.
Both men's and women's tennis conclude their fall schedule against Lycoming College on Thursday, October 6.
Juniata College 4, Lebanon Valley College 5
1. Ethan Grodzinski (LVC) def. Daisuke Miyakoshi (JUN) 6-3, 6-3
2. Ryan Weitzel (LVC) def. Elliott Perow (JUN) 4-6, 6-2, 6-4
3. Justin Wisniewski (JUN) def. Andrew Wilson (LVC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Matthew Butler (JUN) def. Joel Ramos (LVC) 7-5, 6-7 (7-9), 1-1, retired
5. Kyle Kahl (LVC) def. Sam Brumbaugh (JUN) 6-1, 6-2
6. Samuel Calabria (LVC) def. Kyle Salage (JUN) 6-1, 6-0
1. Miyakoshi/ Wisniewski (JUN) def. Grodzinski/Weitzel (LVC) 8-2
2. Butler/Perow (JUN) def. Wilson/Kahl (LVC) 8-6
3. Ramos/Patrick Jones (LVS) def. Brumbaugh/Clarence Yeung (JUN) 8-2
Our readers respond...
Contact April Feagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3131 for more information.