Pennsylvania Highlands Community College and Juniata College Add Transfer Pathways
(Posted December 9, 2020)
HUNTINGDON and JOHNSTOWN, Pa. – Dr. Steve Nunez, President of Pennsylvania Highlands Community College (Penn Highlands), and Dr. James A. Troha, President of Juniata College, signed an agreement on Wednesday, December 9, 2020, that offers admission to Juniata College for associate degree graduates of Penn Highlands to pursue their bachelor’s degree in four programs.
Penn Highlands Community College and Juniata College signed a transfer agreement that includes a goal to admit at least 10 transfer students from Penn Highlands to Juniata College each year. Juniata College will provide Penn Highlands transfer students up to $28,000 per year via a merit-based scholarship.
The signing of the updated college pathways program agreement supports Penn Highlands associate degree graduates in Business Administration, Liberal Arts & Sciences, or Psychology as they pursue their bachelor’s degree at Juniata College in one of four program pathways: Business, Communication, Environmental Science, or Psychology.
“This updated agreement highlights the mission of Penn Highlands, to provide our students with quality and affordable educational opportunities,” stated Dr. Steve Nunez, President of Penn Highlands Community College. “These additional transfer options allow our students to more easily continue their goal of attaining a bachelor's degree, all while staying close to home at Juniata College.”
“Given our mission and proximity, a partnership between Penn Highlands Community College and Juniata College only makes sense,” said Jason Moran, Vice President for Enrollment at Juniata. “The curricular pathways collaboratively established lay down the foundation to further develop and augment our now established partnership going into the future which in return will only position us to better serve students in pursuit of a post-secondary education.”
The transfer agreement between the two institutions includes the following:
- Penn Highlands transfer students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 are guaranteed admission to one of Juniata College’s four college pathway programs.
- Penn Highlands transfer students with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher are eligible to receive a $28,000 merit-based scholarship per year.
- Penn Highlands transfer students with a cumulative GPA between 3.0-3.49 are eligible to receive a $24,000 merit-based scholarship per year.
- Penn Highlands transfer students who are Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) members will receive a scholarship of $2,000 per year.
- Penn Highlands transfer students will receive an application waiver, priority course registration, priority housing registration, and collaborative advising.
- Penn Highlands transfer students will be offered a one-time additional $1,000 scholarship for one campus visit.
About Pennsylvania Highlands Community College
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College has served over 56,000 community members throughout the Laurel Highlands and Southern Alleghenies regions since 1994. Offering over 35 degrees, certificates, and diplomas, Penn Highlands has the highest graduation rate of all community colleges in Pennsylvania. For more information, call 1.888.385.PEAK or visit www.pennhighlands.edu.
About Juniata College
Founded in 1876, Juniata is an independent, co-educational college of liberal arts and sciences that draws students from more than 35 U.S. states and dozens of nations in Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and South America. Juniata’s exceptional programs in science and education; innovative business and international studies offerings; signature programs in peace studies, museum studies, and integrated media arts; and experience-driven humanities offerings pair with the Juniata College Curriculum’s focus on local and global engagement. Students use the College’s Program of Emphasis (POE) system to work with two faculty advisers to pursue varied interests and talents.
Contact April Feagley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3131 for more information.