Degree At A Glance
- Credits: 36
- Tuition per Credit: $775
- Online and in-person classes
- Rolling admissions
- 8 week courses
- Earn your MBA in as little as one year. Part-time students can earn an MBA in two years.
A Distinct Experience
Click on the banners below and learn more about what makes the MBA program unique at Juniata College.
As an MBA student you will have opportunities to interact with:
- Faculty with a wide range of professional and academic experience
- A strong alumni network of ambitious professionals committed to helping fellow Juniatians
- Seasoned business leaders through the Glaeser Executive-in-Residence program, the Business Advisory Board, and entrepreneur mentors
- Corporate clients through the project management and consulting course
- Fellow students from the U.S. and abroad with experience in a variety of industries
Juniata’s business faculty have an extraordinary amount of professional experience. Our faculty have previously served as chief financial and chief marketing officers for international corporations, worked for the largest accounting and management consulting firms in the world (KPMG, PwC, Aon, etc.), consulted with hundreds of startups, and worked with venture capital firms. This professional experience brings with it access to large professional networks for our students and the practical expertise students need to enhance their own careers.
One-hundred percent of Juniata’s business faculty hold the terminal degree in their field. They hold PhDs and professional licenses and certifications (Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Management Accountant, etc.). Our faculty regularly publish and present their research and some faculty have done successful research with students. Learn more about alumnus Gabe Castro here: https://think.juniata.edu/stories/article/making-connections.php
The Juniata College Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (JCEL), housed in the Bob & Eileen Sill Business Incubator, is an experiential learning program for students that encourages entrepreneurial thought and action.
JCEL offers all of the necessary elements to help students develop their ideas for a new product, service, intellectual property, or enterprise and turn them into reality. These newly found business ventures could lead to securing a patent or copyright, starting a business, or forming a non-profit project/organization that addresses a social problem.
JCEL is a unique resource of funding, expertise, and space for viable student business ideas. Through our NextStep and seed capital programs, you can use the Bob & Eileen Sill Business Incubator for business planning, research, technology, light manufacturing, conferences, meetings, and other business needs.
In addition to learning from faculty who have a broad variety of experiences, students receive insight and mentoring from business leaders through Juniata’s Glaeser Executive-In-Residence program.
Executives offer a public presentation; participate in classes; offer advice on interviewing, resume preparation and career progression; work with Juniata’s business professors to hold workshops; and host one-on-one sessions with students. Both executives and students report the individual attention is the highlight of the executive-in-residence experience.
The Glaeser Executive-In-Residence program was made possible by an endowment from Carl ‘77 and Nancy ‘76 Glaeser. The program invites business professionals who have achieved uncommon success in the business world to work in residence at the college.
Previous Executives-in-Residence include:
- Tom Wynn - CEO, Peerless Industrial Group
- Mike Appleby - Senior Vice President, QVC
- Fred Mason - Managing Director, Caterpillar
- Jack Makdad – CEO, Makdad Industrial Supply
- Lisa Giles - CEO, Optivara, Inc.
- Tracy Grajewski – Senior Vice President Human Resources, Highmark
- Carl Glaeser - Managing Partner at Palladian Capital Partners
- Todd Kulp - CFO of Ecopetrol America
- Charles “Bud” Wise – Vice President Human Resources, PPG Industries
- Carol McFate - Chief Investment Officer, Xerox
- Robert McDowell - Managing Partner, CHM Partners International
- George Meyer – Vice President Operations, Irvine Company
- Kurt Shreiner – Executive Vice President & Founder, Atlantic Capital Bank
Juniata College has a long tradition of strength in international education. That same strength extends to our graduate programs. The curriculum recognizes the importance of international economic issues and intercultural competence. Many of our faculty have lived and worked outside the U.S. and share their perspectives on international business. MBA students also have opportunities to participate in international study trips, work on consulting projects for international companies, and interact with students who have lived and worked outside of the U.S.
International trips are an optional part of the International Business Strategy course. These trips are generally panned for twice per year and
- Include visits to local companies, governmental offices, and partner colleges and universities
- Feature tours of cultural and historical sites
- Include business workshops and seminars focused on international business
- Enhance students’ understanding of another culture though immersion
- Allow students to expand their professional network
- Enhance students’ global expertise and broaden their management perspective
For example, during a recent trip to China, Juniata students met with corporate leaders from Coca-Cola and GM in Shanghai and with Foxconn management in Chengdu. Students also collaborated with students from several of our partner universities and discussed a wide range of issues related to U.S. – China trade. Students also had the opportunity to visit The Great Wall, the Palace Museum, and the Bird Nest Olympic Park among other cultural and historic sites.
Please note: Additional fees apply for international trips.
A Project Management and Consulting course designed to help student teams address complex business challenges for real clients. Teams will complete a thorough analysis of relevant data and market context before delivering final recommendations for the client to implement. This course mirrors professional situations the students will likely encounter after graduation and serves as the culminating or capstone experience bringing together the business functions and skills learned throughout the program. Teams will utilize Juniata’s Sill Business Incubator and Juniata Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and have industry mentors assigned to them.
Like traditional MBA programs, Juniata’s curriculum focuses on developing technical expertise in the functional areas of business including accounting, finance, marketing, economics, human resource management, and operations. But, we also go a step beyond, inspiring you to be an innovative leader by providing meaningful international study, project management and consulting experience, and executive mentors who will help you on your journey.
Formats offered: Online (January 2019 Pending approval by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education) on campus (August 2019).
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Curriculum
|Course||MBA course #||Credits|
|21st Century Leadership||MBA 502||3|
|Marketing in the Information Age||MBA 522||3|
|Social Entrepreneurship||MBA 540||3|
|Quantitative Analysis and Research Methods||MBA 511||3|
|Organizational Behavior||MBA 512||3|
|Professional Ethics & Social Responsibility||MBA 531||3|
|Strategic Human Resource Management and People Analytics||MBA 571||3|
|Project Management and Consulting (capstone)||MBA 580-581||3-6|
|International Business Strategy||MBA 590||3|
|Managerial Economics||MBA 523||3|
|Financial Reporting and Analysis||MBA 532||3|
|Operations & Information Management||MBA 541||3|
|Financial Markets & Institutions||4|
|Financial Theory & Analysis||4|
Over time, the MBA will add concentrations in areas to include Business Analytics, Health Care Administration, and others.
Prerequisites include an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and the completion of accounting, microeconomics, statistics, and marketing courses.
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions