Thank you for choosing to apply to Juniata College! Please review the application information and instructions below. If you are an international transfer student, please click here.

Apply Online

Student can apply to Juniata via the Common Application or via our institutional application

Juniata Application The Common Application
  • When submitting your application, be sure to select Juniata College as one of the schools.
  • You will be notified by the Admission Office once your admission application is completed and under review.
  • If you have previously applied to college via the Common Application, you can choose to roll over your previous application and use it for this cycle.

Application Deadlines

  • Spring Semester Enrollment – Students interested in spring semester enrollment need to apply no later than December 1. Earlier submission is highly encouraged. In most cases financial aid, housing and transcript evaluation are done prior to December 23.
  • Fall Semester Enrollment – Students interested in the fall semester should apply by August 1. Financial aid, housing and transcript evaluation are done on a rolling basis.

If you have any questions throughout the application process, please feel free to contact Admissions


Connect with a Juniata Transfer Student


Guidelines for Transfer Students

In order to be considered a transfer student, you must have graduated from an approved secondary school program and completed at least one full-time semester of coursework at a regionally accredited community college, junior college, or four-year institution

Transferring Credits

Please visit this website to see if any of your classes have transferred to Juniata in the past. This may help give you a sense of which classes will transfer over, but if you do not see your class listed, don't worry. It may just mean that nobody has tried to transfer those credits over before. As stated above, each course is evaluated individually by the Registrar.

Students will have their work evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Courses equivalent to Juniata's curriculum course description will be granted direct course equivalence. Coursework accepted in transfer may be used to meet both liberal arts graduation requirements and Program of Emphasis requirements.

Juniata does not accept in transfer any coursework below a grade of "C-" nor coursework of a strictly technical or remedial nature, nor physical education coursework. Credit is normally only awarded for courses taken at a similarly accredited institution. Special circumstances may affect the transferability of an individual student record. These cases will be handled on an individual basis and decisions will be based on Juniata's academic policy. An official credit evaluation will be completed by the Office of the Registrar after a student has been admitted to Juniata.

If you are transferring credits from an university outside of the United States, please use a third party credit evaluator that is a member of NACES such as WES or Spantran to complete a course by course evaluation.   Please email if you have any questions.  

We're here to help!

Whether you are at a community college, four-year college, or have been away from school for a time, transferring can be a stressful process. We are here to help! Please contact with any questions. If you have questions related to financial aid, feel free to reach out to our Financial Aid office ((814) 641-3142 -  

Contents of the Transfer Application

  • Common Application: The only way to apply to Juniata is via the Common Application. 
  • High School transcripts: An official, final high school transcript indicating final grades and date of graduation is required. The transcript should be sent directly from the school to the admission office to be considered official. If you have more than 24 college credits, a high school transcript will not be required for admission, but will be required to prove graduation for financial aid purposes.
  • Standardized Test Scores: SAT and or ACT scores should be submitted directly from the testing agency, or included on the high school transcript. However, if you do not wish to submit test scores, please indicate so in the application, and we will review your application without them.
  • College Transcripts: An official transcript from each college previously attended. The transcript must be sent directly to Juniata from the former institution(s). 
  • Transfer College Report Form: The Transfer College Report Form must be completed by a college official who has access to your academic and disciplinary records. The report is available on the common app, and is not necessary for admission but is required before matriculation.

Financial Aid

All transfer students offered admission are eligible to apply for financial aid. The application procedure is the same as that for new freshman students. Please visit our financial aid website for more information. 

Transfer students are also eligible for Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarships - Scholarships are awarded annually to Phi Theta Kappa students who transfer to Juniata. Students who have active PTK membership at their current community college and at least a 3.85 GPA are eligible for consideration.