We continue to monitor the situation and will update the campus community whenever warranted. As the situation is developing, you are encouraged to check updates at the Center for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and the Pa. Department of Health.
The coronavirus symptoms can be similar to flu-like symptoms. Should you experience flu-like symptoms, immediately contact a health care provider for an evaluation. As with any illness, take precautions to minimize your contact with others until you can be evaluated by a health care provider.
Everyday actions people can take to stay healthy include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you do not have a tissue, cough into your elbow/upper sleeve. Do NOT cough into your hands and DO NOT cough into the air. ALWAYS COVER YOUR COUGH!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Don't share beverages or eating utensils.
If you are feeling ill:
Students who are experiencing flu-like symptoms should call the Health Center at (814) 641-3410. Faculty and staff with flu-like symptoms should contact their health care provider to report illness by telephone before seeking care.
Updates from Senior Leadership