- 2020 Alumni Weekend: On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 communication from the Director of Alumni Relations and Stewardship was sent. See the message here.
- Room and Board Adjustments: On Friday, March 27, 2020 communication from the president was sent. See the message here.
- Friday, March 27: On Friday, March 27, 2020 communication from the president was sent. See the message here.
- 2020 Juniata Commencement: On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 communication from the provost was sent. See the message here.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020: College officials reconvened. Communication from the president was sent. See the message here.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020: College officials reconvened. Communication from the president was sent. See the message here.
- Thursday, March 5, 2020: College officials reconvened and communication from the provost was sent. See the message here.
- Thursday, February 28, 2020: College officials reconvened. Communication from the provost was sent. See the message here.
- Monday, January 27, 2020: College officials met to discuss Coronavirus outbreak. Communication from the provost was sent. See the message here.
Juniata has moved exclusively to a remote learning environment for the remainder of the 2020 spring semester. Consequently, effective Monday, March 23 and through May 11, all instruction will be delivered remotely.
- Coupled with a remote learning environment, we will also be asking all of our students remaining on the Juniata campus to depart by 12:00 p.m. Sunday, March 22.
- Given our decision for remote instruction and following the lead of the NCAA and the Landmark Conference, we are canceling all athletic events and contests through the end of the semester.
- All non-essential college sponsored travel has been suspended.
- Personal travel, both domestic and international, is STRONGLY discouraged.
For further information, students and parents are invited to contact the Dean of Student’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-641-3157. Faculty can contact the Provost’s office at email@example.com or 814-641-3121, and employees may contact their vice president.
We continue to monitor the situation and will update the campus community whenever warranted. As the situation is developing, you are encouraged to check updates at the Center for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and the Pa. Department of Health.
The coronavirus symptoms can be similar to flu-like symptoms. Should you experience flu-like symptoms, immediately contact a health care provider for an evaluation. As with any illness, take precautions to minimize your contact with others until you can be evaluated by a health care provider.
Everyday actions people can take to stay healthy include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you do not have a tissue, cough into your elbow/upper sleeve. Do NOT cough into your hands and DO NOT cough into the air. ALWAYS COVER YOUR COUGH!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Don't share beverages or eating utensils.
If you are feeling ill:
Students who are experiencing flu-like symptoms should call the Health Center at (814) 641-3410. Faculty and staff with flu-like symptoms should contact their health care provider to report illness by telephone before seeking care.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is Juniata College canceling or suspending study abroad programs to China?
- My primary residence is outside of the United States, what should I know?
- I’m traveling to a country other than China. What should I do?
- I, or my student, is currently studying abroad, what should I do?
- I, or my student, is planning to study abroad after the spring semester, or in the fall, what should I do?
- Is Juniata still hiring?
- Are job interviews happening in-person or online?
- What if I don’t feel well on the day of my in-person interview?
- Are the positions you are hiring for required to work on campus?