The Health Center, which is located on Moore Street between 16th and 17th (across from the Stone Church) is for the care and treatment of routine illnesses and minor injuries. Appointments are strongly encouraged, but walk-ins will be seen as soon as schedule permits. Our mailing address is: Juniata College Health Center, 1700 Moore Street, Huntingdon, PA 16652.
If the Health Center is closed, and you are seriously injured or experiencing a serious health issue, call 911 and/or go to the Emergency Room at J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital. If you are not sure what to do after hours, you may call the Altoona Family Physicians after-hours EMERGENCY line at 814-889-6399. A paging operator will answer and ask for your name and call back number. Identify yourself as a Juniata College student. The doctor on call will be able to give you medical advice or help you decide if you need to go to the Convenient Care Center, Emergency Room, or if your problem can wait until the Health Center is open again.
The Health Center also offers the following services:
- Available for students' driver's licenses, jobs, student teaching and study abroad experiences.
- Physicals must be performed by the Physician.
- Cost is free
- Students must make appointments by calling the Health Center.
- The exam is free. Bills for any lab work sent to J.C. Blair Hospital will be sent to the student's insurance company.
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatments
Students must make appointments by calling the Health Center. Treatments are free of charge and are available two Friday mornings per month.
- The nurse can administer maintenance allergy injections at the Health Center during Physician's hours Monday 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.; Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. Click here for information on receiving allergy shots at the Health Center.
- Click here to get the latest pollen and mold reports from the National Allergy Bureau.
- We administer flu shots during nurse's hours (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.) beginning in October.
- Cost is $18.00 - students may pay by cash, check, or charge their student account
Testing and Lab Work
- Available for student teachers and students required by their employers to receive the screening.
- Cost is free.
Testing for sexually transmitted infections is now available. We can test for gonorrhea and chlamydia for $10.00; and we can also test for HIV for $10.00. Your insurance will NOT be billed. Call for an appointment (or more information) at 814-641-3356.
- Some lab work may be performed at the Health and Wellness Center, while some will need to be sent to J.C. Blair Memorial Hospital.
- Bills for lab work performed at J.C. Blair Hospital will be sent to student's insurance company.
- The Health and Wellness Center will perform lab work during its hours of operation on Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.