It's not just for students anymore!
Teachers Abroad is again being offered!!
Programs are offered in Canada, France, Germany, Guatemala, and Russia. All programs include:
- Language courses
- Courses or lectures on culture
- Educational field trips
In This Program You Will
- Update your language knowledge
- Practice language intensively, both in and out of class
- Have access to new sources of authentic teaching materials
- Gain a deeper understanding of the history and culture of another country
- Meet with your teaching counterparts abroad
- Make new friends and contacts
Where Can I Go?
- Teachers of Russian should inquire about opportunities to study in Russia
Q: When can I go?
A: All programs are scheduled to run for approximately three to four weeks in the summer. See individual program brochures or for details.
Q: What will I do there?
A: You will take intensive language classes, classes on culture, cultural excursions and local interest trips, and visits with local teachers.
Q: Is there a travel component?
A: Yes! Some in-country trips are included in the program. You may schedule additional travel at your own expense before and after the program.
Q: Where will I stay?
A: Some programs have carefully selected home stays while others place you in a residence hall.
Q: What documents do I need before departure?
A: Passport and health insurance coverage valid overseas. Some programs have additional requirements. See individual program brochures or web pages for details.
Q: How much does the program cost?
A: See individual program brochures or web pages.
Included in most programs are tuition and fees, room and some board, program field trips and visits, orientation costs, and program materials.
Not included in most programs are airfare and travel arrangements, transportation between the program site and designated airport, personal health and accident insurance (all participants are required to have insurance), personal travel, international teacher identity card (required), which includes repatriation insurance, telephone calls, passport fees, additional meals, personal purchases: gifts, souvenirs, teaching materials, and additional travels.
Q: Is there scholarship funding?
A: Yes. All program applicants teaching in high school will be considered for scholarship funding. Scholarships are competitive, based on the strength of your application. Teachers who do not receive a scholarship may attend by paying the full cost of the program. See individual program brochures and web pages for details.
Eligibility & Cost
You must be a teacher of language or culture:
- In Pennsylvania
- An alum of Juniata College, or
- Affiliated with another Language in Motion partner institution
What Do I Need to Go?
- Passport valid for six months beyond the end of the program
- Evidence of health insurance coverage valid overseas
How Much Does the Program Cost?
The cost varies according to which program you attend. All applicants who teach in high school will be considered for scholarship funding. Scholarships range from $1700 to $2500, depending on the program.
- Tuition and fees
- Room and most board
- Transfer between the program site and a designated airport
- International teacher identification card
- Repatriation insurance
- Orientation costs and program materials
- Program field trips and visits
- Personal health and accident insurance
- Passport fees
- Round-trip travel to US airport
- Round-trip airfare and travel expenses
- Personal travel
- Additional meals
- Telephone calls
- Internet café charges
- Souvenirs and teaching materials you may purchase
Commitment: A $300 deposit is required by April 7, 2012 to hold your spot. If you have all costs covered by scholarship, you will have your deposit refunded upon your return from the program.
How to Apply
Submit items below to:
Juniata College Language in Motion
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
- Program Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Phone Interview
After acceptance to the program, you will submit the following:
- Copy of passport
- One photo of yourself, 2"x2" with an image size from bottom of chin to top of head (including hair) of between 1" and 1-3/8", for the international teacher ID.
- Proof of health insurance
- Health form
- Initial-stage materials must be postmarked by March 20, 2012
- Interviews will be be conducted during March
- Decisions will be made by March 26, 2012
- Deposit of $300 to hold your spot must be postmarked by April 7, 2012. See indiviudal program brochures or web pages for when the remainder of the money is due. If you are a full scholarship recipient, you will have your deposit refunded upon completion of program requirements.