Eligibility: this program applies to Administrator (exempt/non-faculty) and
Staff who are in full-time, benefits-eligible positions.
MEDICAL LEAVE WITH PAY: Sick leave and/or short term disability based on the medical condition of givingbirth, is available to any FT administrative or staff pregnant employee. The individual will be given time off with full pay for the amount of time (generally six to eight weeks) due to childbirth as certified by a medical care provider viamedical documentation.
FAMILY LEAVE PROGRAM
Birth or adoption of a child qualifies a parent for up to six weeks family leave with 75% pay and full benefits.
Notes for application:
- Approval of the divisional senior staff member is required.
- Birth mothers may utilize the family leave program in addition to the short-term disability/sick leave program.
- If both parents are employed at Juniata both may exercise their right to utilize the family leave program. Meaning, bothparents may each take up to a six week family leave with 75% pay and full benefits.
- The family leave program must be exercised within one year of the birth or adoption.
- Family leaves exercised under this program will run concurrently with the Family Medical Leave Act when applicable,for those who qualify; documentation of birth or adoption is required in absence of FMLA certification.
Other requests for additional time off will be considered consistent with College policy and at the discretion of the senior divisional staff member.