Even though we have just concluded the fall semester, we are eagerly anticipating students returning to campus for Spring 2021. We know many of you are curious about return procedures and arrival dates for the new semester, so please carefully review the details below related to that process.
Given advances in testing options, reliability, and availability, we are able to provide a spring arrival plan with increased flexibility, closer to the start of classes. Arrival testing will be a two-step process:
- You must receive a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to your arrival on campus. This may be either an antigen or PCR test. Documentation of this negative test result must be uploaded to a secure portal prior to your return to campus. You are responsible for obtaining this test within your local community.
- You will be scheduled for a follow-up COVID-19 test shortly after your arrival to
campus. You may participate in in-person activities after your sample is provided
as you await this surveillance test result.
Please make note of the following spring arrival schedule. You must sign up for a day to return. As long as you have uploaded your negative test result, you may arrive at any point on your assigned day. We are able to accommodate 250 students to arrive per day.
- Returning Juniata Students: Wednesday, January 20 - Sunday, January 24
- New Juniata Students from Abroad: Wednesday, January 20 – Thursday, January 21
- New Juniata Students: Thursday, January 21
Campus shuttles will be provided from the Huntingdon Train Station and the State College Airport on the days above and should be requested by completing this application due on January 12, 2021.
If you need to return to campus earlier than our scheduled arrival timeline (for employment, involvement or athletics, e.g.), you must complete the Spring 2021 Early Arrival Application available on Eagle’s Nook no later than Monday, December 21, 2020.
We continue to monitor updates from local and state agencies knowing they may ultimately impact our return plans, and we must remain flexible and adaptable. Please look out for additional information on Spring arrival logistics in early January. If you have questions in the meantime, please reach out to the Office of Campus Life at email@example.com.
Warm Eagle Regards,
The Office of Campus Life