What to Bring
Here are some suggestion for items to bring to the station:
- Juniata approved computer
- Critical for GIS classes and file access
- Clothes for a variety of weather conditions
- At least one set of field work clothes
- One set of ‘nicer’ clothes for times you work with the public
- Hiking boots and casual shoes
- Binoculars (optional)
- Sheets for extra long mattresses (standard Juniata mattress)
- Only use tacks or pins to hang posters on the walls
- Flashlights for night-time walks and getting around the station campus, which will not be brightly lit
- Personal toiletries and medications
- Sleeping bags for overnight field trips
- Kayaks, canoes, and life jackets (optional). Canoes, kayaks, and life jackets are available for use. If you bring your own watercraft, consider bringing a cable and lock to secure it
- Standard classroom supplies
- Laundry supplies (no chlorine bleach)
Items to organize between lodge-mates:
- You may bring TVs, there is free cable. Please coordinate with house and roommates to minimize electrical and space usage.
- Household items are stocked. We provide toilet paper, paper towels, and basic cleaning chemicals (we use products which do not interfere with the operation of our waste water treatment plant)
What NOT to bring
- Furniture - the lodges are already fully furnished
- A fridge - there is already a full size fridge in each lodge, and we would like to conserve energy!
- Air conditioners - they won't fit in the windows. Each bedroom has an overhead fan, so fans should be unnecessary as well.