How to Make a Gift of Securities

If your broker (or bank) holds the certificate:

Tell your broker or banker in writing what shares in your account are to be transferred to Juniata College as a charitable gift. Send a copy of your letter to Juniata's Development Office with a note about how we should use your gift. Ask your broker or banker to call Susan Sieber, Gift Processing & Advancement Assistant at 814-641-3112 to receive instructions on the disposition of the donated shares. Your valuation date will typically be the date the security is received into a Juniata College account.

If you hold the certificate:

Send the unendorsed certificate by first class mail to Juniata College, Development Office, 1700 Moore Street, Huntingdon, PA 16652. In a separate first class mail envelope, send to the same address a stock power form signed exactly as your name appears on the security but otherwise left blank. The signature must be guaranteed by a banker or stock broker. Be sure to include a letter of instruction directing your gift to Juniata College's Development Office. If the gift is to be less than the total number of shares represented by the certificate, include your social security number so a new certificate for the remaining shares can be issued to you. Your valuation date will be the postmark date on the envelope containing the stock power.

Print out the stock power form.

If you would like to make an electronic transfer of securities, please contact Susan Sieber at (814)641- 3112 or e-mail She will provide you with the necessary information and forms.