What to Bring:
- Microwave (750 max watts)
- Toaster, toaster oven, hot pot
- Mini-refrigerator (4.3 cubic foot max.) Energy Star rated
- Desk or reading Lamp
- Flash Drive
- Surge protector with self tripping breaker (to protect your computer)
- Extension Cords, heavy duty - 12 gauge
** Metal plates should be under all appliances. Just ask your RA they have them.
- Sheets (extra long single) blankets, comforter, pillows
- Egg crate mattress pad
Grooming, Personal, and Laundry Needs
- Personal Hygiene Products
- Flip Flops (for the showers)
- Clothes basket/bag
- Detergent, fabric softener, and dryer sheets
- Storage containers
- Shower caddy to carry supplies
- Notebooks/Loose paper
- Pens, Pencils, highlighters
- Other office supplies (stapler, tape, calendar, paper clips, etc.)
- Television (and streaming subscription)
- Recreation items for the Quad and beyond: hammock, lawn and rec sports games such as spike ball and frisbees, swimsuit and flipflops for Raystown Lake.
- Items to decorate your room
- Area rug, our floors have tile floors
What to Leave at Home
- Pets: Sorry, "fish only" policy (10 gallon tank max).
- Your own furniture: College issued furniture CANNOT be removed from your room.
- Work-out equipment: The Fitness Center has all that you need!
- The following items are expressly prohibited in the residence halls:
- Flame-heated stoves and hot plates
- Heating coils
- Halogen lamps
- Portable Heaters
- Smoke Machines
- Lamps with plastic shades
- Candles, incense, and anything with an open flame
- Weapons of any kind
- Air Conditioners (with exception of medical accommodation)