We're glad you're considering transferring to Juniata! Students transferring to Juniata will have their work evaluated on a course-by-course basis by our Registrar's Office. Generally, courses equivalent to Juniata's course description successfully completed at a regionally accredited institution with a grade of "C-" or better will be granted direct course equivalence. You will receive an official transcript evaluation from our Registrar's Office after your application has been reviewed.

To see if courses from your college have already been approved for transfer, check the box below:

Choose an Institution


Don't panic if you don't see your course! It just means we have not had the opportunity to review another applicant from your college with the same class. As long as your class meets the stipulations stated above, it will be considered for transfer credit.

Transfer Details

Juniata does not accept in transfer any coursework below a grade of "C-" nor coursework of a strictly technical or remedial nature, nor physical education coursework, nor coursework from a non-regionally accredited institution. Special circumstances may affect the transferability of an individual student record. These cases will be handled on an individual basis and decisions will be based on Juniata's academic policy. An official credit evaluation will be completed by the Office of the Registrar after a student has been admitted to Juniata.

Transfer without a Degree Students transferring without an Associate Degree will have their work evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Courses equivalent to Juniata's curriculum course description will be granted direct course equivalence. Coursework accepted in transfer may be used to meet both liberal arts graduation requirements and Program of Emphasis requirements.

Students who possess an "AA" or appropriate "AS" degree from an accredited institution and wish to transfer to Juniata will be granted junior standing. Students would be awarded a minimum of 56 semester hours, a maximum of 60 semester hours, regardless of course equivalence. Courses will be granted direct course equivalence. All Juniata graduation requirements must be met. Coursework accepted in transfer may be used to meet both liberal arts and Program of Emphasis requirements; however, it may take the student more than the remaining 60-64 semester hours to complete all graduation requirements.

College Catalog

For more information on degree requirements and course offerings, use the Frequently Asked Questions webpage and refer to Juniata's Online Catalog.

Course Transfer Equivalent Database Search

INSTRUCTIONS: You must put the dash between the subject and number and you use must use all caps. For example: EB-101

Enter a course number

IMPORTANT NOTE****Courses NOT appearing in the list are considered NEW and will need a “Request for Clearance of Transfer Credit” pre-approval to transfer credit back to Juniata with all signatures required by the Department Chair and both advisors. The form must be submitted to our office, ideally, before you take the course.

For specific department policy, please go to the CATALOG and look under course instruction for requirements. In particular: math, and social science.

Transfer credit is granted only for academically-valid courses in which the student earns a grade of C- or higher. Credit is only awarded for courses taken at a similarly accredited institution. 

For more information regarding the transfer clearance process, contact the Admissions Office at admissions@juniata.edu.