Resources for Students in Distress
Quick Reference Numbers:
JCPS (non-emergency) - (814) 641-3163
Dean of Students Office - (814) 641-3150
Office of Residential Life - (814) 641-3323 Glaeser Counseling Services - (814) 641-3353
Juniata College Health Center - (814) 641-3410 Office of Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion - (814) 641-3173 Office for the Prevention of Interpersonal Violence - (814) 641-3076
Juniata Valley Tri-County Crisis (Available 24/7) - (800) 929-9583 National Mental Health Hotline (Available 24/7) - 9-8-8
Off-Campus Providers and Resources:
CenClear - (814) 643-0309
Mainstream Counseling - (814) 643-1114
Huntingdon House (Domestic Violence) - (814) 643-1190
Broad Top Health & Wellness (Mental Health) - (814)-506-8463 Huntingdon Counseling & Psychiatric Services - (814) 643-6300
The Abuse Network (Domestic Violence / Sexual Violence) - (814) 506-8237
Some Signals Indicating Possible Distress:
- Expressing serious personal concerns repeatedly.
- Poor personal hygiene.
- Loss of interest in normal activities, withdrawal from social interactions, or seclusion.
- Student is suspicious of others.
- Decline in work/academic performance.
- Missing class/work regularly.
- Use of alcohol or other drugs begins or escalates or occurs at inappropriate setting.
- Unusual irritability; outbursts of anger, unexplained crying, aggressiveness, excessive anxiety.