Based on the mission of the College to provide an engaging personalized experience, empowering students to develop skills, knowledge, and values that lead to a fulfilling life of service and ethical leadership in a global community, the Glaeser Counseling Services fosters self-understanding and well-being of students, faculty, staff, and the community through the following:
- Individual and group counseling to students, as well as services that are proactive in recognizing and supporting students experiencing psychological, behavioral or social difficulties.
- Crisis and emergency intervention in coordination with other campus or community resources.
- Programming focused on current health and safety issues that enhance students’ academic experience and personal development.
- Consultation services provided to faculty, staff, and members of the college community to foster a supportive environment with a holistic approach to meeting students’ needs.
- Training, professional development, and/or community engagement experiences for the Juniata College community.
The Glaeser Counseling Services provides mental health services that nurture and promote the dignity, diversity, development, and worth of all individuals.