Can I still graduate in four years?

All of the chemistry faculty have spent time in other countries and are eager to help you do the same. Juniata's first true exchange was developed by chemistry faculty members, and we continue to host at least one exchange student from a partner institution every year.

With careful planning, it is possible to spend a year abroad and still finish a Juniata chemistry degree on time. Of utmost importance is beginning early with language study, preferably in the freshman year. If you would like to study abroad, you should mention this to your advisor at your first meeting. You should also make contact with the Center for International Education as soon as possible to start your study abroad journey.

Juniata-supported programs where chemistry students can study:

    • University of Marburg, Germany
    • University of Applied Sciences (Steinfurt), Germany
    • Catholic University, Lille, France
    • University of Leeds, England
    • Queens University, Australia
    • University of Sevilla, Spain
    • University of Guanajuato, Mexico
    • University of San Francisco, Quito, Ecuador (BCA site)

In addition to semesters abroad, the department also offers research experiences abroad. Current opportunities exist in Germany and the Czech Republic. See any chemistry faculty member for more information.