Our admissions teams is excited to welcome you to our campus, and to do so in a way that will be safe for you and your family, as well as the college and Huntingdon communities. We will be offering a limited number of daily campus visits to include a 55-minute tour of campus and 55-minute meeting with an admission counselor. Following are several important policies and protocols outlining what to expect when making a campus visit. Please return to this page for updates.
11/23/20 Update: While Juniata is in-between semesters and current students are not on campus, any high school senior or transfer student that will begin college in Spring and Fall 2021, is welcome to register for a socially distant visit experience between December 4 and December 18.
On-campus visit polices and screenings will apply and are subject to change as we continue to monitor the COVID-19 landscape.
Additionally, The Pennsylvania Secretary of Health announced new targeted COVID-19 mitigation efforts effective 11/20/2020 that could affect your upcoming visit to campus. Any visitor from a state outside of Pennsylvania or a Pennsylvanian who travels outside of the state, will be required to have a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to your entry into Pennsylvania. If you are unable to produce a negative test result within 72 hours of your visit, we will not be able to host you. Alternatively, if individuals cannot get a test or choose not to get a test, they must quarantine for 14 days upon their arrival, and will not be able to visit campus until the quarantine has been completed.
Updates on January visits will be posted by mid-December.
All visitors must register in advance. Doing so will assure that we are able to show you around our campus in the safest way possible. Each visiting student may be accompanied by up to two family members, and your family group will be taken on an individual tour of campus by a member of admissions team. We are unable to accommodate unregistered visitors.
Upon registering and prior to traveling to campus, all guests will be asked to submit a pre-screening questionnaire. You'll be asked these questions again upon arrival and only able to spend time on campus if you answer no to all questions.
- Do you have a fever 100.4 or greater? If yes, please contact a medical provider for further evaluation. Your visit to campus will have to be delayed until you have been symptom free for 3 days (and 10 days since the onset of symptoms).
- Are you experiencing any respiratory symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath? If yes, please contact a medical provider for further evaluation. Your visit to campus will have to be delayed until you have been symptom free for 3 days (and 10 days since the onset of symptoms).
- Are you experiencing other symptoms of COVID-19, such as chills (with or without shaking), muscle pain, headache, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or a new loss of taste or smell? If yes, please contact a medical provider for further evaluation. Your visit to campus will have to be delayed until you have been symptom free for 3 days (and 10 days since the onset of symptoms).
- In the past 2 weeks, have you had any international travel? If yes, Per CDC and PA Department of Health recommendations, your visit to campus will have to be delayed until you have been self-quarantined for 14 days...(upon your return home or since last point of contact) and you remain symptom free.
Do you live in a county, or in the past 2 weeks, have you traveled to a county identified as COVID-19 Risk Level Red?
https://globalepidemics.org/key-metrics-for-covid-suppression/ (see this map)
- In the past 2 weeks, have you had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, or have you been caring for someone who is ill with symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Per CDC and PA Department of Health recommendations, your visit to campus will have to be delayed until you have been self-quarantined for 14 days...(upon your return home or since last point of contact) and you remain symptom free.
If you answered no to all of these questions, we look forward to welcoming you to campus. Please continue to practice good hygiene measures, such as frequent hand washing, avoiding touching your face, and covering your coughs and sneezes. Please practice social distancing whenever possible and wear a face covering when in shared spaces on campus and/or within six feet of others. Please continue to monitor your health and stay home if you develop any symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Upon registration you will receive a visit confirmation email confirming the details of your visit. You will also receive a 48 hour reminder email including a link to our required pre-screening questionnaire to be submitted prior to your arrival. To allow for appropriate social distancing and preparation, please plan to arrive as close to your scheduled visit time. All guests will call our Campus Visit Assistant to announce their arrival and confirm their screening questionnaire responses prior to entering our office.
Masks are required of visitors as well as our own staff and students. No exceptions can be made. We will be happy to provide a face covering should you need one, and must require that it be worn at all times while on campus.
FRESH AIR & ATTIRE
Expect that at least half of your time on our campus will be spent outdoors on tour. Please dress accordingly and bring your own water bottle (which can be filled at our filtered hydration station). We look forward to hosting campus visits and, for those who prefer to learn about the college online, will continue to provide numerous options for virtual visits as well.