As one prepares for the world of work, there are certain steps that should be taken to supplement the application process. Although earning a college degree comes with no "guarantee" of success, individuals who take the time and initiative to become familiar with the job search process should be rewarded with adequate opportunity. Your degree, Program of Emphasis, skills and personal characteristics are of interest to others, but you must "package and present" yourself well to maximize your outcomes. The following publications and "Joblinks" were developed by the Office of Career Development at Juniata College to assist you as you implement your career plan.
Juniata College is a Handshake school! Handshake is a one-stop shop for students to find and secure jobs and internships; and for employers and organizations of all sizes to connect with Juniata students and recent graduates. You'll find opportunities in all 50 states, more than 150 countries and with employers of all shapes and sizes. All Juniata students automatically have an account. You can access your account from the link above or from the Arch under the applications tab.
- Job Search Strategies
- A Guide for Writing Resumes and Other Job Search Correspondence
- Resume Rubric (PDF)
- Cover Letter Rubric (PDF)
- Successful Job Interviewing
- How to set up a successful Skype interview
- Interview Rubric (PDF)
- How To Work A Career Fair
- Utilizing the Internet as a Job Search Tool
- 5 Secrets to Getting a Job after College
- Order Professional Business Cards Choose business cards under job type.