OTHER PROVISIONS OF THE PASS/NO PASS POLICY:
- Department chairpersons can choose courses within their departments that cannot be taken P/NP. See the course list below.
- Courses taken P/NP count towards fulfilling Program of Emphasis (POE) or general education requirements, as long as the the student obtains a passing grade in the course.
- Students in certain academic programs (such as Education, Health Professions, Social Work) should consult with their academic advisors before making their P/NP decisions. Some accrediting organizations may not accept P/NP grades.
- Instructors assign grades without knowing if a student has chosen P/NP.
- Any grade above an 'F' will be converted by the Registrar's Office to a 'P' on the student's transcript; an 'F' grade will be converted to 'NP.' These conversions will occur after grades are posted to a student's grade report at the end of the semester.
- P/NP grades are not used in calculating a student's term or cumulative GPA. Courses taken P/NP do not count toward the 12-credit minimum needed for a student to be eligible for Dean's List in any given semester.
- After a P/NP grade is elected by a student, they are permitted to convert it back to a letter grade prior to their graduation from Juniata College. Students do not need to appeal to SAD in order to do so. Students cannot retroactively shift from a letter grade to P/NP.
Courses NOT permitted to be taken Pass/No Pass:
AR-315 Women in Art
AR-329 Early Modern Art
AR-330 Modern/Contemporary Art
AR-452 2D Capstone
AR-454 3D Capstone
AR-455 Senior Thesis in Art History
AR-480 Museum Practicum I
AR-481 Museum Practicum II
AR-495 Art Research Seminar
BI-301 General Ecology
BI-380 Biology Research Methods
BI-489 Biology Research
BI-499 Biology Senior Thesis
CH-492 Chemistry Senior Writing Seminar
CH-493 Chemistry Senior Thesis
CM-200 Art of Public Speaking
CM-230 Interpersonal Communication
FYC-101 First-Year Composition
FYF-101 First-Year Foundations
FYF-105 First-Year Foundations: Transfer Students
FYS-102 First-Year Seminar
HS-493 Historian's Craft
IM-490 IMA Internship
IM-495 IMA Internship Seminar
IM-497 IMA Research
MA-210 Foundations of Mathematics
MA-480 Mathematics Seminar
MA-485 Mathematics Research
PC-300 Modern Physics Lab
PC-307 Advanced Physics Lab
PS-190 Mock Trial
PS-230 A,B,C,D,E Washington Center courses
PS-249 Senegambia I
PS-250 Senegambia II
PS-349 Senegambia III
PS-491 Washington Internship
PS-492 Harrisburg Internship
PS-495 Internship Seminar
PS-497 Honors Research I
PS-498 Honors Research II
PS-499 Senior Seminar
PS-INS Independent Study
PY-360 Research Methods & Statistics I
PY-361 Research Methods & Statistics II
PY-415 Capstone in Psychology
TH-180/181/280/281/380/381 Theatre Arts Practicum