Medical Care Plan
The College offers a PPO Health Plan and a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan with Highmark to eligible employees with the following features:
- Benefits will be paid at a higher level when a participating physician and/or facility rather than at a non-participating provider who renders services.
- Participating Provider (for a list of providers please click on the link above.)
- 100% after deductible. Co-pays do not apply to the deductible.
- PPO Plan - $150 Individual/$300 Family Deductible
- QHDHP - $600 Individual/$1200 Family Deductible
- There is also a mail in prescription program offered for medications you take on a regular, long-term basis. You will receive up to a 90 day supply at a reduced rate.
- The plan requires pre-certification 15 days prior to inpatient admission. More information is available here.
A 10% contribution by the employee is required for single coverage. For persons electing dependent coverage, the employee will contribute 20% of the monthly dependent premium. These premiums can be contributed on a pre-tax basis through a Section 125 Premium Conversion Plan. The monthly premium paid by the employee:
PPO - single coverage is $72.72, two-person coverage is $263.53, family coverage is $329.02
QHDHP- single coverage is $66.14, two-person coverage is $239.70, family coverage is $299.27
Employees who choose to waive health plan participation can receive a $750 annual incentive upon receipt of proof of other non-Juniata health plan coverage. The incentive will be paid through payroll (taxed).