Who needs to complete updated forms?
All eligible employees wishing to add or drop coverage, retain a spouse/ domestic partner on the medical plan, continue in Flexible Spending Accounts, continue HSA contributions through payroll deductions, or enroll in the Health Plan Waiver Incentive, must complete the appropriate forms outlined below before November 18, 2022. Updated forms can either be emailed to Paige Hower or dropped off at the Human Resources Office (please feel free to utilize the drop box on the front door).
In order to add coverage for your medical, dental or vision plan, please use the Pre-Tax Election of Benefits Form detailing your change in coverage level, as well as complete the corresponding enrollment form. In order to drop coverage for your medical, dental or vision plan, please use the Pre-Tax Election of Benefits Form detailing your change in coverage level.
IMPORTANT: The health plan waiver has increased from $750 to $1,000 annually. If you’re selecting to waive medical insurance, you must complete the Health Plan Waiver annually. The health plan waiver is offered to benefits eligible employees who have other non-Juniata medical coverage and have provided proof of coverage—this is either a letter (or dated enrollment screenshot) provided by your Medical Insurance Carrier, or from the employer in which your coverage is provided through. A Medical ID Card does not provide sufficient proof of coverage. The waiver will be paid through payroll in 24 equal installments of $41.67, totaling $1,000 annually.
Employees who wish to add or retain spouses or domestic partners who do not have access to other medical coverage may petition for an exception to the rule by completing the Spouse Insurance Certification form, which must be returned to Human Resources no later than November 18, 2022. If the form is not completed and returned by November 18, 2022, coverage will end December 31, 2022.
Flexible Spending Account Enrollment instructions have changed. Ameriflex has notified Juniata College that they will no longer offer an online platform to complete annual enrollments. To enroll in a health FSA and/or a Dependent Care DCA complete the Ameriflex Enrollment Form and return to Human Resources. The second page of the enrollment form is only necessary if you're looking to have additional cards issued for a spouse or dependent; cards will remain active for employees, spouses and dependents enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account during 2022 who enroll in 2023. The annual maximum for health FSAs increases to $3,050 for 2023. The maximum carryover amount for the FSA increases to $610 for 2023. The annual maximum for dependent care DCA’s remains $5,000. Please note that HDHP participants are not eligible to enroll in FSA accounts, but you may contribute to an HSA account.
If you're enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan ( HDHP) and wish to make payroll contributions into an HSA account, you must complete the HSA Payroll Deduction form annually. The college contributions of either $700 for employee only coverage or $1400 for two person or family coverage will be contributed based on enrollment into the HDHP, and no form is necessary for the college contributions. A recording of a recent HSA Training is available here.
If you’re electing to change your Life Insurance coverage through The Hartford, please complete a new Enrollment Form. Any current employee who is adding additional supplemental coverage during annual open enrollment must submit Evidence of Insurability (medical evaluation). If you’re looking to update your beneficiary for life insurance please use the attached form.
Benefit Updates and Changes:
- Continuing in 2023 - Qualified High Deductible Health Plan option with Health Savings Account! (HSA Training slides available at this link)
- QHDHP annual deductible will be increasing from $1400 to $1500 for employee only coverage, and from $2800 to $3000 for two person or family coverage. This change is required in order to retain the status of a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan per the minimum deductible amounts released by the IRS for 2023. Juniata College will continue to contribute monies into an HSA account for those enrolled in the QHDHP at the annual amount of $700 for employee only and $1400 for two person and family coverage.
- PPO Plan annual deductible will remain at $350 for employee only coverage and $700 for two-person or family coverage.
- Copay Armor was implemented in 2022 and remains in effect. Copay Armor is available to those who have qualifying medications and are enrolled in the PPO plan. This is a voluntary copay coupon solution for high cost medications, which reduces/ eliminates costs for plan members. PillarRX Care Management team will reach out to eligible employees via letter and phone call to review the program and sign up.
- Site of Care Program for administration of specific medically infused drugs will be placed into effect as of January 1, 2023. Through this program, eligible members will have infusions administered in the comfort of one's home, at an infusion center or a physicians office. Not all infusions are eligible for this service. Members with known adverse side-effects will continue to receive infusions in a outpatient hospital setting.
- To support the need to simplify health care for members, Highmark is building a long-term virtual health platform, Well360 Virtual Health. Well360 Virtual Health will be easy to access and navigate when members need convenient, real-time virtual urgent care visits and virtual access to behavioral health. For this enhancement, Highmark has chosen Amwell as their exclusive vendor solution. This means you will no longer have access to Doctor On Demand, effective January 1, 2022.
Vision Coverage: (no changes for 2023)
- VBA covers an exam every 12 months
- VBA covers lenses every 12 months
- Material Allowance for contacts (in lieu of eyeglass benefits) is $125 every 12 months
- Frames wholesale allowance every 24 months is $75 (approximately $175 to $210 retail value)
- You can check your eligibility here.
Voluntary Dental Coverage:
- Principal Dental rates have changed for the 2023 plan year; find new rates HERE.
- Please find a recording of the MetLife presentation held on November 11, 2021 at 12:00 PM HERE.
- MetLife Dental Benefit Summary available HERE.
- REMINDER: Dental ID cards will not be mailed. While an ID card is not needed for in-network services, you can print an ID card by accessing the MetLife Portal.
Open Enrollment Forms:
- Pre-Tax Election of Benefits Form ( Section 125)*Pick your election using this form
- Health Plan Rates 2023
- PPO Plan Design 2023
- QHDHP Plan Design 2023
- HSA Payroll Deduction 2023
- 2023 Spouse Insurance Certification
- 2023 Health Plan Waiver
- Highmark Enrollment Form
- VBA Vision Enrollment Form
- MetLife Dental Enrollment Form
- The Hartford Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- The Hartford Beneficiary Form
- Ameriflex FSA and DCA Enrollment Form
- TIAA Salary Reduction Form 2023 *This can be submitted at anytime to change elections
- 2023 Wellness Rewards Participant Agreement
- 2023 Tax Bracket Changes
- TIAA Retirement Webinars
- Highmark Provider Network (Select Plan Name BCBS PPO)
- Highmark Drug Formulary (Select Comprehensive Incentive Formulary)
- Virtual Care Provided by Amwell
- ConnectCare 3
- Copay Armor Drug List- PPO Plan Only
- Site of Care Eligible Infusion List
- Site of Care Flyer
- $3 Generics
- Highmark Formulary Information
- Highmark Mail Order Drugs
- Highmark Mail Order Form
- Transition Team for Continuity of Care
- Highmark Telemedicine
- Highmark Preventative Care 2023
- Highmark Member Discount
- Highmark Enrollment Form
- Highmark Share Care
- Highmark Coaching
- Highmark Navigator Registration Instructions
- Highmark Navigator
- Highmark Care while Overseas
- 2023 Health Insurance Marketplace Notice
- 2022 Health Insurance Marketplace Notice
- Ameriflex Online FSA Enrollment Tutorial
- Link to Ameriflex Enrollment Login
- Link to My Ameriflex
- Ameriflex Portal Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions - Flex Rollover Feature
- Ameriflex Eligible Expenese
- 2022 HSA Payroll Deduction Form
- Colonial Open Enrollment
- Colonial Rates and Information
- Broker's National Change/Waiver Form
- Vision Benefits of America *check your eligibility here