Supports student mental health and wellness through counseling contact with clients and related services and interactions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides crisis, short-term, and longer-term outpatient mental health and/or substance abuse therapy and case management.
- Provides therapy using individual, family, couple and/or group modalities.
- Assists clients in identifying community resources and making appropriate referrals per request and identified need of the individual.
- Maintains appropriate professional records on each client and communicates client information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Provide consultation services to faculty, staff, parents/family and students to enhance personal development and wellness.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plan and behavioral goals, consulting with Counseling Services and contracted psychiatric team as appropriate.
- Informs Administrative Lead of any difficulties relating to patient satisfaction, treatment issues, procedural concerns, and other departmental or public relations concerns.
- Assures that all office procedures, policies, and required reports are developed, followed and completed in a timely fashion.
- Works with the Administrative Lead to contribute to annual goals and objectives for Juniata Counseling Services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Operates within established regulations and procedures of Juniata Counseling Services. Reports directly to the Counseling Services Administrative Lead, and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students.
- Master’s degree in clinical/counseling psychology or social work.
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Successful completion of background checks
Paid hourly, no benefits
5-10 hours weekly as arranged