Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending enrollment functions, serving as event manager, assisting in hiring process, fundraising, promotions, etc. The Assistant Trainer has responsibility to support the operation of the Juniata College Training Room. This includes duties as outlined in the responsibilities listed below:
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, treat and rehabilitate physical injuries suffered by Juniata College Varsity athletes.
- Work with coaches and Head Athletic Trainer to provide appropriate athletic training coverage at all varsity practices and competition.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times. Help to develop and implement policies to enhance safety of Juniata student athletes as well as emergency procedures to effectively respond to accidents and injuries.
- Supervise student trainers from Penn State Program as wall as Juniata student trainers.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Middle Atlantic Corporation and National Collegiate Association.)
This position reports to the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- NATABOC certification.