An Assistant Dean of Admission at Juniata College applies admission standards, policies, and regulations to credentials of prospective students to determine their admissibility. This highly visible role requires a dynamic person who can communicate with prospective students, parents, and other interested parties to explain college admission policies and procedures and accurately answer questions. Additionally an effective counselor will secure information from and refer prospective students to faculty and other administrative offices to provide greater clarity to the admission process. This position requires travel to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students of admission standards, the programs of the college, and campus life. Individuals in this role provide leadership on important admission related projects and coordinate with key academic programs.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Applies university admission standards, policies, and regulations in a holistic fashion to credentials of prospective students to determine their admissibility.
- Communicates with prospective students, parents, and other interested parties to explain admission policies and procedures and to accurately answer questions about Juniata College.
- Travels to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students of admission standards, the programs, and campus life.
- Develops programs for related constituencies.
- Performs other duties as required.
Receives general direction and guidance. Expected to operate independently within established regulations and guidelines. Must work collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups. Reports to the Dean and works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best to achieve college goals. Assists in hiring, training and supervising student employees, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree,
- One or more years of work in higher education admission or enrollment management,
- Experience with and display a commitment to liberal arts education,
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills,
- Confident and effective public speaking and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively with a diverse constituency,
- Must be flexible, handle a demanding work schedule, and be able to work independently within a team management structure, and
- A valid driver’s license.