Assists with planning and coordination of financial aid programs, services and office operation. Oversees state grant programs, student employment programs and a portion of the student loan programs.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Counsels with continuing students, focusing on needs and circumstances for retention. Helps match needs with available financial aid programs. Advises students and parents on application process and procedures.
- Administers all state grant programs, including PHEAA and non-PA programs.
- Shares responsibilities for administrating the student and parent loan programs, including review of application information, determining eligibility and making and consummating awards.
- Provides back-up for timely and accurate maintenance of the student financial aid information system.
- Administers the student employment program for on-and-off campus job opportunities. Determines student eligibility and qualification to appropriate, eligible opportunities.
- Acts as liaison with Bursar’s Office.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently applying judgment in the application of established regulations and policies. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with many diverse individuals and groups. Has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in financial counseling or other student counseling sufficient to demonstrate competency with PC software for managing financial aid or loan programs, accounting and loan management, personal finance counseling and public speaking.