The Assistant to the AVP/CIO and Technology Office Manager is responsible for providing direct administrative support to the AVP/CIO position as well as working collaboratively with all members of the Information Technology and Library Services department. This position oversees the following campus-wide Information Technology and Library Services lead programs: Print/Copy/Scan/Fax, Document Destruction, and Software Purchase and Licensing. This position also helps support service contracts and telecommunications billing.
It is the responsibility of all Juniata employees to be a part of a productive team and to model the qualities found in our Leadership Philosophy.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
Provide direct administrative support to ITLS to include:
- Coordination, scheduling, and tracking meetings, travel, events and department vacations
- Record and draft meeting minutes
- Track and process payments for various technology contracts, services, and agreement
- Advertising and coordinating ITLS sponsored events and initiatives
Oversee the centralized Print/Copy/Scan/Fax program to include:
- Monitor and report student and non-student use
- Track and analyze program costs
- Maintain security of devices to include password assignment and student worker access
- Work with our vendor for support/upgrades/planning
- Monitor the readiness of the devices, troubleshoot issues, and communicate with users
- Provide training to users
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies and recycle as appropriate
- Evaluate new technologies
Oversee the Software Purchasing and Licensing program to include:
- Track and analyze software costs
- Ensure license compliance
- Periodically evaluate software requests
- Communicate with end users
- Ensure annual renewals and maintenance agreements are accurate and paid
Oversee the Document Destruction program to include:
- Monitor, process, and track monthly invoices and allocate charges
- Coordinate/evaluate placement of bins, distribution of keys and monthly pick up schedule/purge dates
- Maintain expense and pounds recycled – report to AVP/CIO, VP for Finance, and Facilities for campus sustainability reporting
- Educate end-users on the confidentiality/sustainability initiatives through this program
Maintain building mailroom to include physical mailboxes, receipt and sorting of mail/packages
Assist with special projects as assigned
This position is supervised by the Assistant Vice President and Chief Information Officer and works independently with discretion and judgment to best achieve department efficiencies. This position must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- A certification from a technical school with an advanced degree from a business college, community college, or other institution of higher learning is desirable.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support and/or office management is required.
- Two years experience to include budget monitoring/tracking and overseeing technology support contracts/payments
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational and communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Print Management Software.
- Ability to work independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities.
- Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
The position is primarily sedentary in a climate controlled office with little exposure to environmental hazards; however, due to the campus environment there will be a need to go from building to building for meetings, specialized department needs, and assisting with equipment relocation and troubleshooting.
The position may require lifting/pushing/carrying objects up to 10 pounds.
Must have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity due to the level of system access required for this position.
Must agree to and pass a background check.