Work with the Vice President of Development to establish yearly goals and objectives, including related metrics, to ensure progress toward campaign goals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- The Assistant Vice President of Development and Campaign Operations will be expected to spend a significant amount of time traveling to cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of high potential donors and prospective donors for lead support and major gifts to fuel key priorities to support the College's mission and strategic plan.
- The Assistant Vice President of Development and Campaign will be charged with developing and maintaining research-driven and results-oriented plans for the development department that encourages innovation and growth.
Will report to the Vice President of Advancement and Marketing, and have direct working relationships with that person as well as the College's President. Will supervise a team of professionals and also often indirectly support student employees and interns.
- Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree is desirable.
- Minimum of ten years of increasing responsibility experience in charitable gift programs sufficient to demonstrate competency and capabilities with: gift proposal design, estate gift and tax planning, solicitation of gifts from widely varying constituencies, and recruitment and utilization of volunteers.
- Compelling professional presence.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Financial Integrity.
- Willingness to travel extensively and work non-traditional hours.