Manages and administers the affairs of the Bob and Eileen Sill Business Incubator (SBI) including marketing, public relations, tenant procurement/oversight and campus liaison, and supervision of student workers and interns.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and implementing effective marketing strategy to recruit appropriate tenants to the Sill Business Incubator.
- Managing daily operations and tenant support for the Sill Business Incubator – including but not limited to coordination of facility (maintenance work orders, BASIS security, occupancy contracts, responding to copier/printing requests).
- Develop and implement appropriate support programming for SBI clients.
- Collect and report appropriate SBI client metrics to gauge effectiveness of Center.
- Directly or through supervision of a Juniata Associate, provide day-to-day fiscal operations support including but not limited to: purchasing goods and services; reconciling purchase card transactions, invoicing, processing payment requests; receipting and depositing funds; and assisting in budget development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of the Juniata College Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. May provide direct supervision to student interns. Works independently under general guidelines and direction, as well as collaboratively with diverse individuals.
- BS/BA is required.
- Experience in sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated competencies in areas such as budget management, development of marketing collaterals, web page maintenance, and customer service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A motivated self-starter and team player.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite or similar.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Driver’s license, auto insurance and vehicle required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work.
NOTE: The continued existence of this position, in its current form (including full-time or part-time status) is contingent upon grant (public or private) funding and SBI lease/rental income.