The Associate Head Football Coach assists in the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata Football program along with event management away from the fall competitive season. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program.
- Acting head coach when needed.
- Responsible to help promote and sell the philosophical approach established by the head coach.
- Responsible to develop, organize, and implement and aggressive and sound defensive package.
- Responsible to instruct defensive staff on the techniques and fundamentals necessary to execute our package.
- Responsible to work in conjunction with the head coach to insure our practice structure is conducive to the goals of our defense.
- Responsible for all game plans, play calls, and game day adjustments for the defense.
- Responsible to evaluate defensive performance daily and make appropriate corrections.
- Responsible to keep head coach abreast of all defensive strategies.
- Responsible to walk through locker room daily to promote a prideful atmosphere.
- Responsible to recruit assigned areas and follow the guidelines established by the head coach and recruiting coordinator.
- Responsible for the professional development of the defensive staff.
- Responsible to run check-in procedure for camp and to secure all in-season campus reservation needs.
- Responsible to serve as a representative of Juniata College, Juniata College Football Athletics at alumni functions, speaking engagements, and award dinners.
- Responsible to make all decisions regarding the football program in the short and long term absence of the head coach.
- Responsible to aid in the development of the Juniata College Football Camps.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the head coach or recruiting coordinator.
- Coordinator of all defensive video activities.
- Responsible to serve as liaison between the football office, equipment room and training room.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Head Football Coach.
This position reports to the Head Football Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- A record of successful coaching experience.