Participate in the overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing
the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending
enrollment functions, serving as event manager, assisting in hiring process, fundraising,
Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Athletics. The Head Trainer has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata College Athletic Training program. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, treat and rehabilitate injuries suffered by Juniata College varsity athletes.
- Work with coaches to provide appropriate athletic training coverage at all varsity practices and competition.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes scheduling and supervising Assistant Athletic Trainer.
- Ensure proper safety precautions are followed at all times. Develop and implement policies to enhance safety of Juniata student athletes as well as emergency procedures to effectively respond to accidents and injuries.
- Coordinate Clinical Instructor program with The Pennsylvania State University to place students in the Juniata training room. Supervise student trainers form Penn State Program as well as Juniata student trainers.
- Coordinate health insurance programs that cover injuries to student athletes.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Middle Atlantic Corporation and National Collegiate Association.)
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and directly supervises assistant trainers and student support personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- NATABOC certification.