Performs a variety of administrative duties to direct day-to-day and strategic operations of the group benefit plans.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in administering New Hire Orientation process. Provide detailed benefit information to all college personnel and retirees regarding benefits offered by the college and the requirements for participation.
- Process Benefits Enrollment/Changes/Terminations for new and existing employees, departing employees, and retirees. Responsible for entering employee and dependent information into College information system as well as providing enrollment information to vendors. Prepare and process Retiree Billing.
- Reconcile vendor billing with payroll deductions. Issue payment to vendors through accounts payable.
- Collect benefit plan data, maintain records and prepare reports on enrollment, plan utilization, and plan reviews in support of administration of the plans.
- Data Entry of all stipends for employees and students; assist with proofing bi-weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Enter annual allowances of sick, vacation and personal time for Support Staff and Facilities. Process Facilities Bonus Day Reports.
- Serve as enrollment contact for plan vendors and third party administrators.
- Coordinate events, meetings and activities of the Wellness Committee including annual health fair; direct activities of the Wellness Intern/Juniata Associate.
- Assist employees and retirees with claims issues. Conduct employee meetings to explain benefits, answer questions, educate employees on plan design.
- Assists in maintenance of Human Resources website.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and guidelines. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Reports to the Associate Director of Human Resources.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma.
- Two years benefits administration experience sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: PC applications with spreadsheets and word processing, public speaking, use and application of regulations/rules.