Plans, coordinates, and directs a comprehensive program (of worship, religious activities and programs) to meet the religious and spiritual needs of the entire college community.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify relevant college community needs and work with students, faculty, administration, and staff of the college to: a) help create a comfortable spiritual and religious (interfaith) atmosphere, b) raise spiritual and religious issues, and c) challenge students and others in the community to examine their faith in relation to their current setting in life.
- Design and present liturgies and orders of worship central to the campus interfaith worship experience.
- Plan and oversee religious programming activities for the campus including discussion groups, Bible study sessions, religious clubs, religious holiday services, retreats and conferences, and other events that support the spiritual and religious needs of the campus community.
- Provide pastoral counseling services to students dealing with questions of faith, grief, relationships, and any range of issues or matters calling for support.
- Represent the college to community and church constituencies, working to enhance Juniata's relationship through speaking and sermon engagements, hosting minister groups, and church conference participation.
- Serve as budget officer for campus ministry and related budgets.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works under general guidelines and broad directions. Collaborates and cooperates with diverse individuals and groups. Directs a staff of regular and student employees. Directs those persons working in campus ministry on the Juniata campus. Reports to the Dean of Students and will serve as a member of the Student Services Staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through at least a Master's Degree and ministerial ordination.
- At least three years experience in a college/university setting (and/or relevant experience) sufficient to demonstrate competency in the following: pastoral counseling, designing and delivering liturgies, planning and delivering religious programming, budget management, and staff supervision.