Provides essential office support services for the Office of Conferences and Events, with responsibilities including but not limited to: providing positive customer service, scheduling of events, file/data management, budget maintenance, and correspondence preparation. Maintains day-to-day office operations.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains centralized scheduling system, using Event Scheduler software. Trains users, as needed. Coordinates equipment and setup requests with Facilities, Technology Services, SODEXO, Public Safety, and other departments, as required. Provides setup drawing, as needed.
- Enters and maintains accurate electronic database records, including multiple budgets for various programs, registrations, and conference housing assignments.
- Responsible for scheduling of Baker Guest House, Patrick Lodge, Shuster Hall and Grove Farm. Prepares key envelopes, billing, Datatel entry and income spreadsheets.
- Processes all hiring paperwork and clearances for Summer camps staff.
- Prepares payroll forms for all Summer camp staff and initiates purchasing of camp equipment and supplies.
- Assists Associate Director in planning and scheduling events on campus: including conferences, weddings, camps and one-day events.
- Assists with the hospitality of on-campus visitors and prospective visitors.
- Receives incoming calls and visitors, provides requested information and assists in the resolution of concerns.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of specified materials.
- Supervises student assistants.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Director of Conferences and Events.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Organizational ability with attentiveness to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to meet and deal with a diverse group of people, always communicating a positive and helpful attitude.
- Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Visio, and in QuickBooks. Ability and willingness to learn and use new computer applications.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Occasional event and weekend time required.