Designs and maintains the accounting structure and accounting system; develops operating policies for compliance and control issues, provides leadership, and drives continuous improvement and quality service to all campus constituents.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and maintains the general ledger accounting system to record and track all authorized entries, including payroll expenditures and endowment activity. Prepares annual audited financial statements.
- Supervises the maintenance of accounting and financial services for accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, endowment accounting, grant accounting, internal audit, payroll, College loan administration, and purchasing.
- Prepares special and annual financial reports. Responds to information requests for board and committee meetings as well as for other purposes.
- Performs cash management functions.
- Manages all debt instruments and short term investments.
- Responsible for continues process improvement, striving for best practices to improve the quality, efficiency and contributions of the business office.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently and under broad guidelines and direction. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups, internally and externally. Directly supervises a large support staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in accounting. A CPA, CMA or Master's Degree is preferred.
- Five years' accounting experience with demonstrated competencies in: leadership and staff development, financial and accounting software applications, and process improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to adapt to and lead change.