Coordinate student-billing process; maintain and reconcile student account receivable records; receive, research, and answer billing questions and problems. Provide backup counter services to general and student populations.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate, compile, verify, prepare, and collect semester and interim bills for students and all related facets thereof.
- Answers questions and researches problems involving charges, financial aid, and other credit/charge matters. Make collection phone calls and negotiate payment terms.
- Provide backup cashier counter service for cashing checks, accepting deposits, refunding reimbursements, directing inquires, etc.
- Maintain payment records and receipts. Prepare, research, and participate in reconciliation of various internal and external reports to the general ledger.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Must have ability to work independently within established guidelines and procedures. Must work collaboratively with Accounting Services Staff as well as diverse individuals and groups.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma plus a minimum of two years of additional training/education in accounting and bookkeeping. Collection experience preferred.
- Two years of accounting/bookkeeping experience. Experience sufficient to demonstrate competency in: basic accounting principles, cash handling, and PC applications associated with billing and accounting, and customer service.