The Technology and Data Management Coordinator is responsible for understanding and analyzing the use of technology to support departmental operations and functions. This includes data management, application and security administration, and application process expertise. Leads system projects and serves as product champion and/or subject matter expert for departmental systems. Researches, tests, implements and maintains departmental data applications to provide effective, accurate, and timely services. Analyzes changing operational needs and recommends enhancements to existing systems. Ensures reliability, accessibility, and relevance of information tools.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Takes initiative to understand the systems and information needs of constituents and to implement systems solutions to meet those needs. Plans, seeks input from others, and thinks creatively to ensure the best use of technology.
- Coordinates regular system testing, gathering test data, performing initial testing, coordinating user testing, reporting and following up on test results.
- Provides support and training for departmental staff on data systems, reporting tools, custom applications, and standards of use.
- Coordinates and oversees application and testing of vendor system upgrades, updates and patches with AIS and other departments as necessary.
- Understands data interfaces between departmental and central database systems.
- Maintains system Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of departmental data.
- Troubleshoots application peripheral and hardware problems.
This position reports to the Director of Enrollment Data Analysis and Research
- Bachelor's degree and/or significant related work experience, including database management, reporting, and execution (experience with HTML, SQL+, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and InfoPath) and FTP servers and data importing and exporting is expected).
- Experience with Ellucian (formerly Datatel) or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse constituency.
- A commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity.