Provide vision, leadership and direction in developing the international and multi-cultural dimensions of Juniata College.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the IPO team in the development, maintenance and administration of international programs including Intensive English, International Student Services, Study Abroad, and exchange programs.
- Develops new exchange partnerships and study abroad program relationships with exchange partners abroad and US consortial partners.
- Provide transitional academic advising to exchange and degree-seeking students.
- Cooperate with other college offices in implementing orientation and transitions support services for international students.
- Assist registrar in evaluation of transcripts and credentials form outside the US.
- Regularly evaluates programs and student experience.
- Work with VP for Advancement and Enrollment staff in developing and implementing college international marketing plan.
- Chairs the International Education Committee. Assists faculty and staff in incorporating international and cross-cultural perspectives into their work.
- Designs and produces academic policies and curriculum requirements related to international programs and students.
- Oversees administration and interpretation of INS regulations for the college.
- Prepares and manages budget for IPO and reviews budget for IEP.
- Participates as a member of the IPO team to accomplish the mutually determined objectives of the department.
- Maintains current and appropriate credentialing through on-going professional development and represents the college in state, national, and international association related to international education.
Works under minimal supervision of the Provost. Functions with considerable independence. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse international and domestic client, colleagues and organizations. Directly supervises program staff.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through 5-10 years experience and relevant educational background through a Master's Level. An advance degree in a relevant field and college teaching experience are desirable. Facility with a second language is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in international programs sufficient to demonstrate competencies in: program development, planning and administration; cultural and academic orientation; budget planning and management; transcript and academic credential evaluation; and knowledge of the ethical and legal standards of the profession.
- Competency in use of office computer for writing; file and data management; information gathering; and communication.