Under the direction of the Coordinator of E-Communications, the Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for the regular maintenance and updating of Juniata web properties and marketing content databases as well as incremental improvements and/or extensions of web functionality and features as needed.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Update email templates, web pages, microsites, website pages, and related web material as required, ensuring consistency with College branding guidelines, under direction of the Coordinator of E-Communications.
- Write and develop short content pieces, optimized for search, as necessary.
- Provide technical maintenance and development of social media presence.
- Manage image and news databases, overseeing student assistants in uploading, providing metadata, and executing news distribution processes.
- Optimize photos and other graphical elements for posting to the site using Adobe InDesign.
This position reports to the Coordinator of E-Communications.
- Two years of work related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, information technology, computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of web analytics, social media analytics, and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work closely with editorial content, marketing and design teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented; good copy-editing skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Graphic design or web design asset production background or experience a plus.