Manages data and services necessary to support the strategies and initiatives of the College’s fund and friend raising objectives. Coordinates the use of all data applications by Advancement personnel and ensures accuracy of giving trends, contribution credit, and reporting.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the development of College databases and Internet services to promote the cultivation of relationships, to recognize and steward donors, and to track strategic actions by the advancement operation, with priority given to development.
- Manages and researches prospect pools for various projects and campaigns and recommends strategies for inclusion or exclusion of individuals or groups. Develops individual and business profiles for use in solicitation and cultivation.
- As Advancement Datatel liaison with AIS, manages all content associated with the College alumni/donor database. Plans and reviews research and donor management needs of advancement team. Trains and orients new advancement team members.
- Provides oversight of all Advancement data entry, insuring accurate and timely entry of data as well as all functions of gift processing.
Works collaboratively with diverse individuals and organizations in support of established priorities and goals. Applies judgment and discretion within fund raising goals. Supervises the responsibilities held by the Associate Director of Advancement Services, the Advancement Data Coordinator, and the Gift Processing and Advancement Assistant.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree. Capabilities sufficient to demonstrate expertise in oral and written communication.
- Three to five years experience in database management and/or in conducting research utilizing data mining tools.
- Advanced computer knowledge including basic programming and using software packages including Microsoft Office. Significant database knowledge and experience.
- Experience supervising employees and/or students.